Author Topic: A and B Racing  (Read 182 times)

Offline vh2q

• Whitworth Arms
A and B Racing
« on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 04:31:19 PM »
These A&B guys seem to be somewhat Europa-centric. They have a seat frame solution for big and tall drivers. They offer a 200 HP motor upgrade using a juiced Ford Pinto motor among other things. Aside from being heretics and expensive, are they solid people?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/avedis9/m.html?item=255030623378&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Offline Clifton

Re: A and B Racing
« Reply #1 on: Monday,July 12, 2021, 06:16:16 PM »
Why not use a stock Z tec or Duratec if you are making an adapter? Looks like bike carbs. Not a bad thing but how is driveability? A slow rev in a frame with not axles doesn't really mean much. Transmissions are rated in torque not HP. Strange they think otherwise. Will that exhaust clear or do you have to make your own?

Offline Dilkris

Re: A and B Racing
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,July 13, 2021, 01:16:50 AM »
I find it intriguing and an admirable amount of extensive work but that chain drive just kills it for me. I would not be surprised if the reverse gear which they elude to is actually an auxiliary electric motor.
If they had managed to mate the GSX-R1000, (199BHP out the box...??), to a transaxle (ideally with paddle shift) that would have been a different story altogether.
I think I'd like one of those - maybe I should suggest it to Allen Millyard here in the UK.... :)) :))
It would of course raise the question, "When does a Europa stop being a Europa and becomes a Shadow Car??"  :confused: