Author Topic: TCS rear light sockets  (Read 75 times)

Offline Kendo

TCS rear light sockets
« on: Wednesday,May 29, 2024, 02:49:27 PM »
Does anyone have a source for the bayonet sockets in the TCS rear lights? I need to remove them to re-chrome the light bases. But that is sure to destroy them. So I'm looking for a replacement. I looked all over Moss Motors, but found nothing. I emailed RD Ent, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

Offline BDA

Re: TCS rear light sockets
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,May 29, 2024, 02:58:58 PM »

Offline Kendo

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,May 29, 2024, 03:44:06 PM »
That’s a good idea. I’d just been thinking of them as wire suppliers. But the only socket I see appears to be this screw in type, http://www.britishwiring.com/product-p/c611m.htm I’ll have to send them a photo and ask if they have bayonet sockets.

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:00:59 AM »
Does anyone have a source for the bayonet sockets in the TCS rear lights? I need to remove them to re-chrome the light bases. But that is sure to destroy them. So I'm looking for a replacement. I looked all over Moss Motors, but found nothing. I emailed RD Ent, but haven't gotten a reply yet.

I just took the wiring base, spring, and wires out and rechromed with the sockets in place.  Not like anyone other than yourself is going to see that they are chrome rather than brass.  Really, you can leave the bulb sockets in place, but remove (if these are the rear) the reverse light assemblies carefully drilling out the rivets.  Put back together with 4-40 stainless screws. 

Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.

Offline Kendo

« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:08:10 PM »
According to the plater I sent them to, the reflectors are aluminum and would contaminate the plating bath. He was able to unplate the units, then noticed the aluminum and stopped. He thinks the reflectors have to come off. They are crimped on with the sockets. So if the sockets are destroyed getting them off, I’d want to have replacements.

This could all be wrong. The light units are currently out of my reach, so I can’t confirm.