Author Topic: FS: S1 "Carnet De Service"  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Ernesto

Re: S1 "Carnet De Service"
« Reply #15 on: Friday,January 01, 2021, 10:25:58 PM »
It's good to know...
Anyway, as far as I am concerned, the search for originals continues...!
 8)

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #16 on: Saturday,January 02, 2021, 07:29:17 AM »
I have two original owners manuals.  The first is moderately tough with the usual wear of having been lying around and tossed about .  It also has directions to a dealer scrawled inside the cover page.  Might be an English address.

The second I got from an old Lotus employee who picked it up from spares.  It's immaculate except for some small edge damage do to being moved about in storage.  He knew what he had, and I wanted it.  £500, ouch.  Fortunately the pound was low then.  This is the one I made the copies from.  The copies are identical in every respect except there is a slight moire pattern to the inside photo.

The Service de Carnet I bought off French ebay.  I don't speak French so I didn't ask questions.  Knowing that the French list made re-pops, it's too immaculate and must be one of those.  My re-re-pops are identical in every way.  The French lister sold the S1 Service de Carnet with a S2 owner's manual for 50 euro.  I sell them for $10US each, a slight loss as it's just a service to the list.
« Last Edit: Saturday,January 02, 2021, 07:31:49 AM by jbcollier »

Offline Nockenwelle

« Reply #17 on: Saturday,January 02, 2021, 07:51:47 AM »
... The French lister sold the S1 Service de Carnet with a S2 owner's manual for 50 euro.
That's exactly the price for the initial re-production run as offered in the french Europa list. And it were bundled with an S2 service manual so it must be one of those. Maybe the Ebay seller did even mention that those are reproductions in the french ad.
For me it makes no difference and I'm very happy that you're taking the effort to have them reproduced (again). Highly appreciated :trophy:

Klaus

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #18 on: Saturday,January 02, 2021, 12:11:34 PM »
Could be.  I bought it off ebay in June 2019.

I also have a couple of copies of the S1 parts book.  What must exist, though I can't even find a mention of it, is an S1 only service manual.