Author Topic: Ride heights  (Read 2688 times)

Offline buzzer

Re: Ride heights
« Reply #15 on: Sunday,April 01, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »
Yep 60cm would have been an interesting discrepancy ! Typos. 😏 10cm is definately a lot!  Have you checked your bushes?  tightening  the rubber bushings when jacked up can cause this issue.
Other than that swap over the units and see if impact is the same
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline Steve_Lindford

• The time is...
« Reply #16 on: Monday,April 02, 2018, 06:14:05 AM »
SLIGHTLY changing the subject - It appears my damper support on twin cam has been modified. Are these the correct holes as shown?? The distance between the fixings on the dampers now removed from the car are 460 c - c. At some time the cross piece has been modified to take a higher exhaust box - maybe it was also raised to give more space for the same reason. OR are my dampers longer than usual??

Steve

Offline BDA

« Reply #17 on: Monday,April 02, 2018, 06:28:19 AM »
I'm guessing that the bolts are in the correct holes. The other holes do not appear to be centered and thus not made at the factory.

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #18 on: Monday,April 02, 2018, 07:42:23 AM »
So after an interesting debate on the FB page I started again today.  I reset everything only this time I took all the measurements from the floor to the chassis and levelled the suspension based on those measurements.  Interesting to then note that the body still looks a bit wonky at the rear but it seems that this is not unusual and I now need to loosen the body shell and shim it to level her out. 

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #19 on: Monday,April 02, 2018, 08:58:24 AM »
Steve,
I've recently made a new crossmember and made this sketch from the OEM mounting brackets. I'd say BDA is right, and the two lower holes are correct as the secondary ones would jack the car up unless you had some custom suspension on there.

But the dimensions from the damper bolt hole to the bottom chassis mounting hole should answer which is right.

Brian

Offline BobW

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday,April 04, 2018, 01:47:51 PM »
My Type 54 has 183 mm under the T at the front of the chassis and 218 mm under the hoop at the rear of the chassis.

Offline Steve_Lindford

• The time is...
« Reply #21 on: Thursday,April 05, 2018, 01:11:39 AM »
Thanks for the info on cross piece/damper support - The holes being used to fix to the chassis tie up exactly with Brian's drawing. Now I have painted it I will replace to the same position.

Steve