Lotus Europa Forums > Off Topic Subjects

New Year's Eve in the USA

(1/1)

4129R:
When tomorrow arrives in the USA, due to the MMDDYY method of describing the date in the USA, it will be 12-31-23.

That will not happen again for 100 years, and by that time, this Forum may be a little out of date.

So to all you MMDDYY people, Happy 123123 from all the DDMMYY people. 

BDA:
Thanks 4129R! Sadly you DDMMYY folks can't play along.

It does remind me of the first time I remember that playing with dates was a thing. It was back in 1960 when it was pointed out that if the next year (1961) was turned upside down, it would still say 1961.

dakazman:
    I got nothing!  But …
Well maybe just a few
   I made a calendar for chickens, but all the dates were scrambled.
2. Why did the calendar go to therapy? Because it had too many issues.
3. I bought a calendar, but it only had January and February. It was a limited edition.
4. I made a New Year’s resolution to stop buying calendars. It’s a date I can keep.
5. I tried to make a calendar about puns, but it was a joke all year round.
6. What did the calendar say while lifting weights? “I’ll get swole in no time, I’m staying on track.”
7. The calendar factory went out of business because its days were numbered.
8. I wanted to read a calendar, but it didn’t have a story. It only had dates.
9. Why did the calendar feel incomplete? It was missing a second.
10. My calendar keeps falling on the floor. It’s just not staying in its dates.
  Sorry 🥱
  Happy New Year!😁
 Dakazman

4129R:

--- Quote from: BDA on Saturday,December 30, 2023, 10:10:56 AM --- It was back in 1960 when it was pointed out that if the next year (1961) was turned upside down, it would still say 1961.

--- End quote ---

and they said on TV that coins were being recalled because the date had been printed upside down.

BDA:
And that just tells you the competency of the mainstream news media isn't a new problem!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version