Lotus Europa Forums > Garage

Brake switch PSI ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

dakazman:

--- Quote from: Clifton on Monday,April 22, 2024, 03:23:05 PM ---New Lucas switch takes between 80-100 psi. I don't know what mine on the car is closing at but I think I am going to add a micro switch at the pedal rather than swap and bleed to find it is the same set point. I want a brake light as soon as the pedal is moved not 100 psi at the rear brakes.

--- End quote ---

I can’t agree more and only noticed the delay recently. Then there is the 3rd brake light mod also.
Dakazman

Clifton:
Switch is in. Bottom pivot pedals make it harder so I mounted it on the pedal. I drilled the brake and clutch arms previously and luckily the holes lined up.

dakazman:
 Impressive work.
  I now understand the extension on the gas pedal.  I also didn’t realize all the small intricacies in the three.

Dakazman

Clifton:
The gas pedal :headbanger:  These Toyota DBW pedal are horrible and when in a light car, even worse.  To make it driveable under 30% throttle, I had to extend the arm more then I had to stiffen it to make it feel normal like our other cars. The shocks have thick RC silicone oil and add some resistance and slow the input like a cable. I have an adjustable oil damper to slow the closing on decel when I lift the throttle. It engages at 35%. It was the only way to be smooth going from the quick lift of gas to brake in autocross without the back wanting to come around.

TurboFource:
I dislike DBW …..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version