Author Topic: Another distraction🥱  (Read 919 times)

Offline dakazman

Another distraction🥱
« on: Friday,June 09, 2023, 08:47:57 AM »
  My neighbor, who won’t touch a tool came by AGAIN. This time it paid off.
One of our neighbors was having an estate sale and he knows the owner well and mentioned he would bring me over since he knows I love tools. Edged on by my wife to go look, I joked with her , what’s my budget…, lol .
 We walked over and I was introduced as I offed my condulances on the passing on her husband. He was a professional ocean racer designer/ engineer.
  Anyway I was a kid in a candy store. The prices were out of this world. I started a pile of tools and other items in his man cave. 
  Going home to pick up my van to pick up my stash, I grabbed my wallet and keys I joke with my wife again,… it’s all her doing. 😂😂. Maybe the son in law needs some stuff I said ..
  She said okay how much, just 112.
 Anyway here are some of the booty.
  I’ll be repairing the items but all in all they work. Paint too to freshen up .
   It made me sad in a way but the widow was happy to see them going to a good home and someone that will use them. What are your thoughts about estate sales?
Dakazman

Offline BDA

Re: Another distraction🥱
« Reply #1 on: Friday,June 09, 2023, 09:08:22 AM »
That vice is worth the price by itself!

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Friday,June 09, 2023, 10:26:29 AM »
  I know , it was under a end table , it was love at first site.😍
 A combo belt sander, router and table, electric 3/4 drills ,  hammer drills , nail and brad guns , pneumatic stapler and sanders.
I thought I had a picture of everything when I unloaded it into garage but I can’t find them.
 Cleaning them up and repairing some minor items. I can’t wait to go back.
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,June 11, 2023, 09:30:24 AM »
 Yikes, I didn’t know what these were or did. They were in the $3 box of taps and dies.
I looked up the mfg and part number, dang conduit knockouts , I still have to find out their limitations but I think it was money well spent.
  If it can punch holes thru .060 aluminum I could probably use it often. Looks like it gets into so tight spot after a pilot hole is made.

Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,June 11, 2023, 01:09:06 PM »
  Finished cleaning and going through the items, most worked , some needed a few parts and two items  DOA, a pneumatic stapler and a harbor freight sander . The craftsman sander just needs a switch, that should be here today.
one pneumatic nailer needs an air fitting so that’s to be determined.

I will be making another trip to the garage sale to go through the toolboxes. My grandson may get a few tools 🥱🤣 Grandpa eyeing up the huge husky toolbox 🥱
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Saturday,July 01, 2023, 03:06:31 PM »
  When it rains it pours!
  Took a close lightning strike in the area , wiped out all the street lights for blocks, my internet router switch and internal Ethernet and two pool lights at $250 each .
Just when I was in garage the bolt passed. I jumped out of my skin.
  Spring cleaning came a bit early with all the new tools to find a home for, this is what I came up with.see pics  mounting the router is yet another job . Lol I did clean off one workbench. 🥱
  Then I still need to find a home for the 6”vice.
  On a side note, I need to find the best solution to free up some Allen wrench bolts that were secured with, red locktite. Thinking about using a soldering gun that uses split shot. It’s secured in an aluminum housing.   It’s a nail gun.
Dakazman

« Last Edit: Saturday,July 01, 2023, 03:11:36 PM by dakazman »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday,July 25, 2023, 02:28:02 PM »
  After a year of waiting for fairly priced diaphragms for the carbs scored again on my normal supplier for 30$ each instead of 175$ each. Bike up and running so smooth.
 Then I came across a set of taillights , after polishing, they are beautiful. Thanks .. Does anyone know of a vendor for the internal gasket? Not the black rear seal.

Now waiting on a smiths oil pressed gauge .
Dakazman
« Last Edit: Tuesday,July 25, 2023, 02:37:08 PM by dakazman »

Offline BDA

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday,July 25, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »
I'm pretty sure those lamps were also on some E-types. You might try Moss Motors or British Parts Northwest or other Brit parts supplier.

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday,July 26, 2023, 10:25:41 AM »

Offline BDA

« Reply #9 on: Thursday,July 27, 2023, 04:06:24 PM »
r.d. has them also.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #10 on: Friday,July 28, 2023, 05:28:25 PM »
  Thanks BDA , I need to call them anyway, I’ll add them to the list.
Just when I thought I could get back to the Europa, my wife’s ,” mom taxi decided to throw off a check engine light. The fault code brought me to the problem, all most.
  Squirrels again! I need to find out who is feeding them. 
  Now that all the plugs and wires , distributor and rotor . I have to get a little more serious with these varmints.
   Spent a little time sprucing up my bike, polishing again! 🥴😄😁 and some paint touch ups.

Waiting on a smiths electric oil pressure gauge on Monday. The shop sent me the wrong one by accident and said keep it , and sent another.  I also had a chance to sandblast a block Paul Z dropped off on his visit a few months back. It’s going big! 🤐😁
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #11 on: Sunday,July 30, 2023, 10:42:37 AM »
  I found an unsolicited helper with my fondness of squirrels. Last nights 5:12am security video was incredible.
  It came back and took off with it, because it wasn’t there in the morning.
  Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #12 on: Thursday,September 14, 2023, 05:30:38 PM »
  I got through this week being a father to my daughters .  I received a call from one of my daughters saying,  please pick me up , I just got hit by a car coming to your house on my bicycle .  My God ! 

Off I went,  picking her up at the seen on the accident with all the emergency and police on site.
Bottom line. Some broken bones and maybe a torn tendon.  Helping her go for all her appointments
With the help of her mother being the mother she always is.
 When are your kids not your concern? NEVER!

Dakazman

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #13 on: Thursday,September 14, 2023, 05:42:59 PM »
Sorry to hear that D'man. Heres wishing her a speedy and full recovery.

Offline BDA

« Reply #14 on: Thursday,September 14, 2023, 05:48:23 PM »
Oh my God! That sounds pretty serious! That sounds like it’s going to hurt for a while! I hope she mends quickly!