Author Topic: HI FLOW OIL PUMP PICKUP MODIFICATION  (Read 496 times)

Offline 1970S2

• LOTUS EUROPA COMMUNITY
HI FLOW OIL PUMP PICKUP MODIFICATION
« on: Sunday,February 27, 2022, 05:45:49 PM »
Finally got to modify my oil pump pickup, the pump  housing on the right , first photo, is the stock pump, one on left is the high volume pump housing , as you can see the pickup is too high in the pan aprox 1  1/2 inches ,  had to cut the pickup and install an extension , getting all the bits ready to assemble the the motor

Offline cazman

Re: HI FLOW OIL PUMP PICKUP MODIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,February 27, 2022, 05:50:55 PM »
Good info. What is the reason for the hi flow?  Did you have oil pressure problems or is this a high HP build?
1973 Europa TCS

Offline 1970S2

• LOTUS EUROPA COMMUNITY
« Reply #2 on: Monday,February 28, 2022, 08:00:33 PM »
This is a HP build, High compression pistons, 10:5 to 1 , hp camshaft, lightened flywheel, twin 40mm side draft webbers, should dyno out at 135HP, for the small cost I opted for a High volume pump, I needed a new pump anyway, the difference is the diameter of the pickup is 1/4 inch larger, and the length of the pump and housing is 1/4 longer, I'll  post pictures soon of the 2...cheers

Offline 1970S2

• LOTUS EUROPA COMMUNITY
« Reply #3 on: Thursday,August 04, 2022, 09:08:37 PM »
pain in the butt to upload pictures in this forum, I have so many pictures to show, motor together, trans together ,motor installed, oil cooler installed new water pipes bent up in aluminum etc