Author Topic: Lotus esprit turbo  (Read 288 times)

Offline dakazman

Lotus esprit turbo
« on: Friday,November 26, 2021, 03:16:12 PM »
  Just an opinion pieces!

https://www.hotcars.com/heres-what-the-1988-lotus-esprit-turbo-costs-today/

Dakazman
« Last Edit: Friday,November 26, 2021, 03:17:58 PM by dakazman »

Offline BDA

Re: Lotus esprit turbo
« Reply #1 on: Friday,November 26, 2021, 04:58:07 PM »

Offline Rosco5000

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,January 16, 2022, 12:13:15 PM »
Nice article. I can’t wait to get my 1983 turbo esprit on the road. 
1974 Europa Special
1969 Europa S2
1970 Lotus Elan +2
1978 Austin Mini - 1275, big brakes
1991 Ford Explorer - Lifted on 33s, custom lift and radius arms
2005 Chrysler 300C - chipped, lowered 22s
2011 Cadillac Escalade - Stage 3 cam, Headers, CAI, 2,600 stall converter

Offline Tom999w

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,February 06, 2022, 06:02:06 PM »
I have a story about the Esprit turbo... Back in 2007 I had an office job in an elite architecture firm and finally made the decision to buy my first Ferrari (Mondial). After scouring the country for a year I just couldn't find one in my price range. So as a result, I'd decided to step my dreams down a notch to a nice "affordable" Esprit. So I'd found an Esprit across the country for sale and quickly got disgusted with the seller's slow and cryptic responses to my questions. Not long after haggling with this clown, a Ferrari popped up for sale in my price range, and only about twenty minutes away from me! I called the seller on my lunch break and immediately went and made the deal. So the dream of owning a Ferrari was finally realized!

Fast forward seven years and I got the bug to buy a Europa (the Ferrari was/is packed away in the collection, a sentimental momento of alot of wonderful memories of youth and hot women). After fruitlessly searching the country for a Europa for a year, i stumbled upon a rare 48th anniversary edition Esprit turbo for not much more money than I was planning on buying a Europa for. So I called the seller and made the 22 hour round trip and picked up the Esprit. That was a surprisingly nice turn out to my Europa search, and also fulfilled the dream of owning an Esprit!

Fast forward five years (the Esprit was/is packed away in the collection, a sentimental momento of alot of wonderful memories of youth and hot women), the search for a Europa inadvertently turned up a rare 1977 Porsche 924 Championship Martini Edition, which I had a blast with for a year.

Fast forward one more year (to 2022) (the Porsche was/is packed away in the collection, a sentimental momento of alot of wonderful memories of youth and hot women),  and the stars have finally aligned, and I'd finally gotten a Europa delivered to my house, thus fulfilling a fourteen year dream of owning a Europa...
« Last Edit: Sunday,February 06, 2022, 06:25:40 PM by Tom999w »