Author Topic: WTB Full Roll Cage  (Read 2053 times)

Offline nigelc

• S2 54 under restoration and S2 47 style
WTB Full Roll Cage
« on: Thursday,September 15, 2016, 04:32:40 AM »
Long shot i know .. but does anyone have a full Europa roll cage that they are looking to sell ? .. UK or willing to ship to UK .. thanks

Offline nigelc

Re: WTB Full Roll Cage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 02:44:36 AM »
Still struggling on the roll cage front .. Spoke to Richard at Banks , who referred me to Roll Centre UK ... two weeks of calls and emails have so far failed to get a response from them so it seems that i may have to go my own route with it .  I have some pics of the Banks/Roll Centre cage , but not great ones and none of it fitted in a car . If anyone has some decent pictures/ advice  etc can you share with me it would be appreciated .  I have round somewhere with the tooling to create the bends .. and know a decent coded welder that can probably stick it all together for me. 

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,October 06, 2016, 05:32:36 AM »
Have you seen the "competition manual" published by Jensen Motors in the States many years ago?

http://www.lotus-europa.com/manuals/misc/jensen.pdf

Offline buzzer

« Reply #3 on: Friday,October 07, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »
Nigel
Been there! 
I decided in the end to buy an FIA approved cage off safety devices, but it's only a rear roll bar.  But it's approved! The plan is then to get a full cage added. Maybe worth have a chat.

Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline nigelc

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,October 09, 2016, 02:27:33 PM »
Hi BDA .. thanks. useful document and helps with the outline design

Hi Buzzer .. so you have suffered the no communications issue at Roll Centre too then ? .    How much are SD charging for there rear hoop ?.. its probably not a bad basis to build the rest from as all the other sections will i think just need bends on a single plane , where as the rear hoop needs bends in two planes to kick it  forward along the bulkhead lines.  have found a couple of places that can supply the CDS , and that will bend it to shape if a diagram provided.   Definitely worth a chat and see if we cant work a better deal for two on the made to measure stuff ?

Offline Daniel Fines

« Reply #5 on: Monday,October 24, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »
Long shot i know .. but does anyone have a full Europa roll cage that they are looking to sell ? .. UK or willing to ship to UK .. thanks

I have a Lotus Europa roll cage in Québec that could be available. Just have to take it off the car.

Daniel Fines
fines@videotron.ca

Offline Blitzen

« Reply #6 on: Monday,October 24, 2016, 08:37:49 PM »

I have a Lotus Europa roll cage in Québec that could be available. Just have to take it off the car.

Daniel Fines
fines@videotron.ca
If Nigel doesn't want it might be interest.  More info please.

Offline nigelc

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday,October 25, 2016, 02:30:11 AM »
Hi Daniel .. thanks for the reply .. I have literally just placed an order for a new one over here . Shame on me for not checking the forum again before i did .   Looks like maybe it can help Blitzen out though.