Author Topic: F/S: 1974 Lotus Europa Special Non-Running Big Valve  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Sandyman

Re: F/S: 1974 Lotus Europa Special Non-Running Big Valve
« Reply #15 on: Monday,February 14, 2022, 01:52:12 PM »
Congratulations!!!! Now I defiantly need to motor down in my car to compare them. Mixed emotions, I want the snow to stick around for skiing and for it to melt so I can wake my Europa up and drive her.

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #16 on: Thursday,March 03, 2022, 12:51:31 PM »
Finally got the car home today after 10 months of frustration with NY DMV trying to get paperwork to import it into Canada. An Abstract should not take months to get yet they managed....Nice to see it here and will have a lot of work to do to get it up and going in the future.
Tomorrow is the start of a new project

Chances are I will be looking for some help on this over the coming months

Offline BDA

« Reply #17 on: Thursday,March 03, 2022, 01:28:43 PM »
Glad you got your baby home!  :beerchug:

Keep us informed of your progress and we'll help whenever we can.

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #18 on: Monday,March 07, 2022, 08:07:29 AM »
Thanx to everyone, especially Carl and Amy who sold me the car. They are wonderful people. The car was delivered on Thursday afternoon and I spent Friday examining the car as I had not seen it for long and was interested in assessing it. The car has everything , even a seized engine that I knew about in advance> I spent Saturday compounding the paint as it had 40 years of weather on it and got half of the car done. It  isn't PUUURRRRFect but it did clean up nicely and I am going to leave it as patene color and will NOT repaint it. Th is is an original car in every way.

Monday comes with new tires as the originals don't really hold air well anymore and the rest of the body gets done this week.

The car goes to the garage in a few weeks where we will remove the engine and trans and will go for a rebuild. The car comes back home to restore all of the necessary evils like brake and gas lines, suspension etc. By the time the engine is done, I hope to have the rest completed as well

I will try to keep everyone in the loop till the car is actually on the road...thanx to all

Offline SilverBeast

• 1974 Twin Cam Special
« Reply #19 on: Monday,March 07, 2022, 10:38:01 AM »
I assume that you've allowed for the fact that you cant push the car around lon its wheels with the transmission removed as there is nothing for the lower link or upper link ( aka half shaft) to mount to.

Offline rjbaren

« Reply #20 on: Sunday,April 03, 2022, 04:58:57 PM »
My car looks very similar to yours.  Mine also came from upstate NY and was disassembled and off the road for 28 years.  Since the engine was out and disassembled one of the previous owners used an angle iron and some pneumatic swiveling casters and the car was very movable.
Good luck with your project.

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #21 on: Monday,April 11, 2022, 06:41:15 AM »
Car went to the shop today to have the engine and transmission removed and rebuilt. This is an ORIGINAL car and is complete and hope to have it on the road before the end of summer