Author Topic: WTB: Banks Europa Frame/ Roller  (Read 1233 times)

Offline RoddyMac

Re: WTB: Banks Europa Frame/ Roller
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday,March 15, 2023, 11:02:50 AM »
Yes, Zetec bolted to a TC bellhousing which is bolted to an NG3.  You might be able to squeeze a compressor on the exhaust side but how you would do that would be up to you.  As for the chassis, it's all fabricated, there's no stock chassis in it at all.

In regards to Zetec HP, I would guess that anything over 190ish NA HP requires a lot of work and wouldn't be very "peaky" (been there done that with warmed up 4AG in a Seven, tons of fun at WOT but around town it was bit much).  I'm sure you could get something close to 250 with a turbo.  IMHO you dont need much more than 180 HP in a Europa, they're a fairly light car so don't need a lot of power. 

Offline surypap3

« Reply #16 on: Monday,March 20, 2023, 03:06:09 PM »
I am running about 145 hp with my TC. I am told you can possible get about 180 hp from that motor. But if I spend the money, I would like to go 250 ish. Can the NG3 tolerate 250 hp or am I into the Porsche gearbox. Does 250 HP tear up the OEM frame?

Offline Clifton

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday,March 21, 2023, 05:28:39 PM »
I am running about 145 hp with my TC. I am told you can possible get about 180 hp from that motor. But if I spend the money, I would like to go 250 ish. Can the NG3 tolerate 250 hp or am I into the Porsche gearbox. Does 250 HP tear up the OEM frame?

Torque, not HP is the limiting factor on parts. I don't know the weak link on Renault gear boxes but on Toyota's S series take more power with LSD's, then the gears (4th and 5th) become the weak.

There's a guy on youtube that sepecializes in 4age's. https://www.youtube.com/@Garage4age Lot's of dyno stuff on eveything he does. He seems to get pretty good power out of those, 250 ish but at 9500 RPM. I don't know if a 2 valve TC can do it without a turbo. If you already have the engine, turbo would be easy and make more torque too. Torque = fun ;D Most engines can easily take 5-7 psi.