Author Topic: S1 parts/project for sale on Facebook  (Read 846 times)

Offline 3929R

S1 parts/project for sale on Facebook
« on: Tuesday,November 10, 2020, 08:17:01 PM »
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline 3929R

Re: S1 parts/project for sale on Facebook
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,November 10, 2020, 08:18:53 PM »
For those that can't open the link, here is the ad text:

1967 Lotus Europa Series 1 Type 46 project - FOR SALE

This car is completely disassembled and may be missing a few components, but does seem to have most of the key components and the few things that are missing are small and/or readily available.

We acquired this project along with several other Europa projects as part of an estate.  We are a Jaguar E-Type panel fabrication and restoration shop - Monocoque Metalworks, and the estate also contained a large collection of Jaguar E-Type and Lotus Europa cars and parts. As the Europas are well outside of our business, and I am personally buried in too many vintage car projects, I need to find some or all of the Europas a good home, starting with this one.

This is a very early Europa - car #537 - and a true Series 1 Type 46 - it could be a  late “1A” or an early “1B”…. It was originally green with a black interior.

The body shell is in very good - I dare say excellent - condition, although there are several layers of peeling paint...  The front and rear decklids are flawless, and aside from the damaged original LH door, the body shell itself seems very, very good.  The windshield is also in excellent condition, as is the rear window glass.  The LH door was damaged in the past, and has been replaced with a Series 2 door, but the original damaged Series 1 LH door is included and it is really not that bad - it can definitely be repaired with some fiberglass work.  Both of the original Series 1 side curtain Perspex panels are included.

The original frame and the front and rear suspension components are all included and shown.  The frame appears straight and solid, with only surface rust and no cancerous rust.

TWO engines are included - they are both complete Renault engine and transaxle units - one is the standard engine and the other is what I believe is called an 807 “hemi” engine.  There is an additional transaxle which may be the original from this car. Also included is what appears to be a new/NOS Renault head casting for the early style engine.

There are several additional parts included which are not shown in the photos - pedals, complete steering column, shift linkage rods, dash panels and gauges, cooling tubes, etc. - there are several crates of parts that go along with this!

Due to the disassembled nature, this project must be picked up at our shop in Maryland USA.

The car will be sold on a bill of sale, but we can assist you with acquiring a clear US title through a title service that we have used successfully many times in the past.

We need to find this a good home and make some space, so I’m not looking to get rich here. This is a really neat little car and I have had fun looking everything over and figuring out how it all works - it’s ALOT different from the E-Type Jaguars we are used to!  This also seems to be a very early car of which there were not many made in the first place and even fewer still exist…. This would make a great Winter project!

Offered at $3,500 USD - the body shell itself has to be worth that, and I have been told that the engines are also scarce... 

Please direct all inquiries to me directly using the details below:

Email - chuck@monocoque-metalworks.com

Phone - (443) 907-2287 in the USA.

WhatsApp - Interested parties outside the US can contact me via WhatsApp at the same number - (443) 907-2287

We also have a Series 2 Europa “Federal” Type 65 project available - it is a complete, rolling project car, but has been rebodied with a custom one-off body that is quite unique - I will list that soon, or Inquire for details.
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,November 10, 2020, 09:40:58 PM »
Thanks for the post Mark,

I have shared it with another Lotus Europa Faceache page  :beerchug:

Mark

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,November 11, 2020, 05:48:04 AM »
Can't see the photos as it's a private group but that sounds like a good price.  It's an S1B.

Offline s2europa

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,November 11, 2020, 08:32:26 AM »
John,

Judging by the tail lights and VIN number, it is an S1a.

Dan

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,November 11, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
Sorry, thought the S1B started a bit earlier than thAT.

Offline lotusfanatic

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday,November 11, 2020, 11:19:40 AM »
I've just had a look at the Europa Registry and chassis #537 is right at the very end of the S1A production - #542 being the first S1B on the register,

Mark

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday,November 11, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »
i saw these in-person and tried to buy the lot, but was unsuccessful in making a deal.
the S1 body has fiberglass damage in the bottom/chassis area when someone "cut out" the original frame, so typical of that process, some repair/reglassing is in order.
i was turned off with the NO TITLE situation as that is never an easy process.
it is a complete "basket-case" if you're in to that sort of work.
nice guy, no dummy, and you'll pay for what you get.
good luck to buyer and seller.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook