Author Topic: Forum decals  (Read 9189 times)

Offline BDA

Re: Forum decals
« Reply #30 on: Monday,October 13, 2014, 06:38:08 AM »
For somebody who is "not into this sort of thing", I think they all look great!

I'm partial to the middle two since it is the color and model of my car. I also like the Lotus "triangle" incorporated in the design.

Thanks for doing this. Hopefully, somebody else will come up with some designs for more choices, but if nobody does, I think we have some nice choices here!

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #31 on: Monday,October 13, 2014, 08:02:12 AM »
I like the yellow one in the middle row
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday,October 14, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
Very nicely done, Brian. I really like the images with Lotus triangle.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday,October 14, 2014, 08:56:38 AM »
Thanks Trevor, that idea came out of something Mike said about keeping the traditional Lotus yellow and green, so I thought an outline logo wouldn't get us into trouble with any copyright lawyers out there and yet still retain that Lotus feel. The snag is that it's hard to get a contrasting text for the forum address, what works on Yellow doesn't always work on Green.  Cheating and using the "colour circle" thing I came up with magenta which does contrast but the reaction from my tester (SWMBO) was "ugghhh, no..... never in a million years"

A banner text works ok in a single colour but I think if we go for a round one then it needs a bit of colour to lift it, even if it's only 2 or 3 contrasts. 

Brian

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday,October 14, 2014, 10:39:02 AM »
Could you possibly make the outer circle larger on the Triangle ones, and put the "LotusEuropa.Org" there??

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday,October 14, 2014, 01:20:01 PM »
Yes, I would think so Joe. I'll have a shot and post something tomorrow morning.  I'd not thought of that option and it would balance up nicely with the bottom text.

Brian

edit to add - something like this ?  or with the previous square-shaped font ? (picked because it's the closest free one I could find to the original "EUROPA" badge script)  This has the triangular section reduced by 5% so that the sticker print size is still in the 3.5" region. That size works on the rear window corner and also in the windscreen behind the interior mirror without being too obtrusive.

Edit again to add.....   like this ?
« Last Edit: Wednesday,October 15, 2014, 12:06:41 AM by EuropaTC »

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday,October 14, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
I like this one.

We could drop the "WWW". I think these days everyone know it's the web  :confused:
Besides. We also have the following URLs

LotusEuropa.Net
LotusEuropa.Com
LotusEuropa.Club

What do other think?
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday,October 15, 2014, 11:07:12 AM »
That looks good. I quite like it, though I agree dropping the WWW will probably make it a bit less busy, as in easier to read.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline BDA

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday,October 15, 2014, 11:13:29 AM »
I like it too!

Personally, I'm not as positive on the "wartless" front. I know some don't like them and even move them, but the fact is that there are very few Europas that don't have them.

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday,October 15, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
Looks Darn good to me  :beerchug: The only way to make it perfect is if it was a Twin Cam. Uh-oh, did I say that? It's only cause I have the most stylish of the Europa....Uh-oh, dang-it another slip. 

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday,October 15, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »
 :)

The trouble was that the only photo I had at a decent resolution with the right shades to turn into a cartoon style image was that S1.  I did one with my yellow TC and a couple of other colour TC shots from the internet but they simply didn't look right.  One consolation is that at a 3/4 profile you only notice the front indicators, the rear cut away deck seems to get lost in the perspective.

Hence the S1 pic, which does look "cleaner" if I'm honest. 

Brian

ps - C'mon folks, you gotta cut a bit of slack for those guys who bought a Europa and then can't even open the windows......    ;)   

Offline BDA

« Reply #41 on: Thursday,October 16, 2014, 07:24:57 AM »

C'mon folks, you gotta cut a bit of slack for those guys who bought a Europa and then can't even open the windows......    ;)   
;D Slack cut ;D

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #42 on: Thursday,October 16, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
The only way to make it perfect is if it was a Twin Cam. Uh-oh, did I say that? It's only cause I have the most stylish of the Europa....Uh-oh, dang-it another slip. 

with apologies to any Shakespeare fans on here -     

"To bug or not to bug, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the bug eyed indicators or to sling the lot and keep with the classic S1"

Ok, maybe old Bill Shakespeare didn't manage the last bit, he'd never have used the word "sling"......  ;) 

As you can see I thought I'd have a shot at one with the later bug eye indicators & door handles & TC cut-away rear deck. I can't really get much more detail around the indicators because I'm at my limit with Photoshop, but if anyone here is good at this game I'll happily pass over the raw files for improving.

Brian

Offline blasterdad

« Reply #43 on: Thursday,October 16, 2014, 02:22:20 PM »
Looks Darn good to me  :beerchug: The only way to make it perfect is if it was a Twin Cam. Uh-oh, did I say that? It's only cause I have the most stylish of the Europa....Uh-oh, dang-it another slip. 

Looks darn good to me too! Looks just like mine, (except with a windshield,lol).
As far as the twink being the most stylish, not trying to start a war here but I think they look like someone left an El Camino in the dryer too long. ;D

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #44 on: Thursday,October 16, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I don't care if we go with the traditional "Breadvan" or the "El Camino". The Europa body style is unmistakable. Good work :beerchug:  Maybe we get a quote for both?

Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)