Many thanks

Berni

4129R:

--- Quote from: berni29 on Tuesday,March 26, 2024, 11:22:12 AM ---Hi Ron
Very nice, what colour is that please?
Many thanks
Berni

--- End quote ---
Looks like Lagoon Blue to me, I have two in that colour.

My S1:
Fine job on a preservation restoration.  Interior looks clean and complete.  If you were get into relaminating the IP then you might have to keep moving around the car...endlessly until it is to perfect to drive.

Pfreen:
Great job!

FourLoti:
Yes, Lagoon Blue Metallic, L12. Repainted at some point in the distant past, but they did a great job - considering that most likely back then these cars were not worth enough to deserve a top-level paint job. That said, it's definitely now a “20-footer“ appearance-wise. (after many, many hours of wet sanding a polishing!)

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments and input on the refurbishment work. @S1, you hit it right on the head re: creeping elegance (one thing leading to another.) That’s always been real danger for me (and my wallet,) as I don't seem to know where to stop. Photos attached of my first Lotus project that ended up taking from 1981 to ------ 2007! To complete. Very similar stories with an XK-120 and two different Tigers. So even though it’s been tempting to go deeper into this TCS, I decided the next owner could have that fun and, at times, had to battle with myself not to start doing some cool upgrades that a longer-term owner would like to do. As they say, they’re only original once!

Thanks also for the well wishes re: my physical complaint. I didn’t mean to over dramatize that, but one missing piece of info is that I’ve been driving and restoring sports cars (mainly British) as a hobby for 60 years. I wish that was a typo, but it’s not. I just turned 75, and time has a way of wearing out irreplaceable parts, which in my case is thankfully, (but unfortunately,) limited to my left foot. I don’t consider Europa’s to be just for young people, and have no problem easily jumping in and out (nor with lying on my back under the dash for hours with feet on the firewall, it turns out:) But limping around for hours after even moderate clutch work, is a bit demoralizing.

So, while I now love driving this car (even with 40-year-old tires, 50-year-old mounts and bushings, etc.) I just don’t see myself enjoying it as a long term fun car. This, plus the growing urge to find the next basket case “patient” - and the need to pay some attention to my long-neglected DD sports car, (Tiptronic!) all seem to be moving me toward thoughts re: selling strategy. More later on that – this is already too long.

Many thanks,

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version