Author Topic: Headlight Assembly  (Read 209 times)

Offline dakazman

Headlight Assembly
« on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 08:09:09 AM »
   A while ago I purchased a headlight conversion lamp to Halogen H4.  They work great, but they came with city lights that I wasn't going to use till I tested them. they look great, so on I went installing them on a separate run but while inside the headlight assembly I decided to hook to the ground wire at the headlight. The assembly ground is 16 gauge so I wanted to up it to a 14 . My question is how do you release the terminal inside the connector and is it forward or reverse? its a lucas socket.

Thanks
Dakazman 

Offline jbcollier

Re: Headlight Assembly
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 08:45:33 AM »
Not sure which connector you mean.  Can you post a photo?

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 08:47:33 AM »
The headlight plug is a standard old-style headlight plug for a 7" (probably any) sealed beam lamp. You can get them in some better parts stores.

If I understand your question, you're asking how to take the three socket plug apart that plugs onto the headlamp, right? I've never done that but I would assume that the female terminal connector is just shoved into the plug from behind so you'd probably have to release a tang from the front of the plug using a thin flat tool of some sort.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 09:00:48 AM »
   JB . Pic attached

BDA , Yes your correct. This is how it’s wired up now using a joint ground .

Dakazman

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #4 on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 11:37:35 AM »
The connector is held in the plastic block by a bent tang.  Reach in with a thin pick or small screwdriver and push the tang out of the way.  The connectors are special to headlights.  Can be difficult to find just the connectors.  Most places sell the complete block with pigtails.  Most British parts suppliers have them though.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Thursday,March 24, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »
   OK, I played around enough with it for now, I was also trying to push it forward, backwards when, with my t-pin had the release down /up.  I 'll make a trip into my attic and find my MG and Jaguar, mazda and... chevy connectors.

Thanks
Dakazman