Author Topic: Zenith-Stromberg question  (Read 338 times)

Offline jpane

Zenith-Stromberg question
« on: Saturday,January 09, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
It has been (too) many years since I disassembled my TCS. Lots of health issues, plus a very severe tendency towards procrastination to blame. I have found someone local to reassemble it. Just got the body delivered via a dolly and flatbed yesterday. Then brought the transmission and boxes of random parts myself. Finally picked up the rebuilt engine, on its stand, and fit that in my wife's SUV (hybrid, of course).
The Z-S carbs were rebuilt, by Paltech, I believe, and look newer than new. But the engine re-builder pointed out that one of the carbs had a gas supply tube on the bottom, that interfered with the lower bolt for the carb to the manifold. That was in addition to the two horizontal tubes supplied by the infamous fuel line T.
Does this lower tube belong there? Suggestions?
Thanks as usual, John

Offline jpane

Re: Zenith-Stromberg question- correction
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,January 09, 2021, 09:09:37 AM »
The tube on the bottom is a vacuum tube, for the old line to the distributor. Since I have the new Pertronix distributor, I will remove and/or plug this. Does that sound correct?
Thanks

Offline jbcollier

Re: Zenith-Stromberg question
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,January 09, 2021, 09:34:53 AM »
It needs to be plugged off.

Shouldn't interfere with the mounting bolts though.  Photos of the issue?

Offline jpane

Re: Zenith-Stromberg question
« Reply #3 on: Saturday,January 09, 2021, 09:54:15 AM »
I will try to get a picture next time I get to the shop. It is owned by our local former long-time Renault dealer, who used to own a '69 Europa.