Author Topic: An Adventure from my past  (Read 403 times)

Offline BERNIEHUMBER

An Adventure from my past
« on: Tuesday,July 09, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »
HI:Collier’s Travels got me thinking(remembering) that I had a 10 day adventure in my 20's(40 plus years ago) with the Lotus.
I am into bow-fishing so I followed the St Lawrence(starting outside of Montreal) down to Lake Ontario then down Lake Erie following the shore lines to Windsor camping.
There were friends along the way and beverages to be shared.
Here is a pic taken(scanned) and you can see the bow/reel against the tree with the Europa in the background.
I believe I was drying out after a brief storm.
The Europa behaved itself through the whole voyage.

Offline lotusfanatic

Re: An Adventure from my past
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday,July 09, 2019, 10:09:44 PM »
Hello Berniehumber,

What a great photo!
(an example of travelling light, with a tent and a bow - all in a Europa!)

Mark

Offline pboedker

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,July 10, 2019, 01:12:23 AM »
 :coolpic:
Peter Boedker
3904R Special
Denmark

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,July 10, 2019, 08:43:45 AM »
Camping a Europa! Love it. I've done a bit of that myself. I do a lot of camping and backpacking, and I have a book in which I keep notes on my camping trips. I made the following notation on camping with a Lotus; "Camping in a Lotus is much like backpacking, except that you can carry more gear when backpacking".
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday,July 10, 2019, 09:22:49 AM »
"Camping in a Lotus is much like backpacking, except that you can carry more gear when backpacking".

As we're drifting off topic, we also used to do a lot of camping & walking in the Lake District. It was mostly before the Europa arrived but this old photo shows just how much you can get into these cars.

I'd say the Elan is even smaller than the Europa with only the rear boot, but even so we got that tent in the background, plus sleeping bags, cooking stove and the missus into that silver Elan.   And that trip was the one where I pulled the exhaust box off going over a switchback road fractionally too fast.....    ::)

Brian

Offline BERNIEHUMBER

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,July 10, 2019, 11:18:36 AM »
HI:
This trip down memory lane is fun.
Remember in 69 the TV series "Then Came Bronson"(basically a guy on a motorcycle with an adventure a week)!
Well Bernie says I have a bike so I drove it(camping) out to the East coast and did the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia.
Beautiful scenery but all romantic notions vanished in various rain storms and a wasp (or bumble bee)hit me square in the forehead and suddenly I had 
the Hindu look!
I still have the bike but camping on it:not so much!