Author Topic: ztec eng swap europa 1971  (Read 1209 times)

Offline walthallalbert

ztec eng swap europa 1971
« on: Tuesday,January 15, 2019, 11:37:24 PM »
Is hard to change europa r16 to zetc eng need help. thanks

Offline andy harwood

Re: ztec eng swap europa 1971
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,January 16, 2019, 03:53:46 AM »
I'm doing the same to a TCS. From my understanding, the 'y' in the S2 frame is narrower than a TCS frame, so I don't know what's involved there in fitting a Zetec. On the TCS, the frame needs to be "notched" for the alt. belt. The TCS bell housing bolts directly to the Zetec, so, you'll need that, or a adapter. Throw in a cable shifter, different routing for coolant piping, engine mounts, etc.
There have been many more Toyota engine swaps into the S2. One Yahoo lister was making parts for the swap for a while, don't know if he still is. I seem to remember seeing a Toyota adapter plate for sale in the last few days  - maybe on this site. There is/was a NG3 and shifter setup available here also.

That is just some general info, I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed information.
Good luck with your endeavor!!

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,January 16, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
Andy gave a lot of the high points.

I haven't made a count, but it seems that I've heard about more S2 Zetec swaps than TC ones. Our own fearless leader, LotusJoe, has a Zetec in an S2.  Also I believe HealeyBN7 here has one and a buddy of mine near Asheville is working on his. He's got the motor installed in the frame and I believe he's sorted out the plumbing. I guess the point is that it a fairly well traveled road.

I'm sure there's information on this forum (try searching for "Zetec" and derivatives). You might try a similar strategy on the Yahoo group. 

« Last Edit: Wednesday,January 16, 2019, 10:25:02 AM by BDA »

Offline LotusJoe

• Twink Driver
  • Administrator
  • Forum Administrator
    • LotusEuropa.org
« Reply #3 on: Friday,January 25, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »
Andy gave a lot of the high points.

I haven't made a count, but it seems that I've heard about more S2 Zetec swaps than TC ones. Our own fearless leader, LotusJoe, has a Zetec in an S2.  Also I believe HealeyBN7 here has one and a buddy of mine near Asheville is working on his. He's got the motor installed in the frame and I believe he's sorted out the plumbing. I guess the point is that it a fairly well traveled road.

I'm sure there's information on this forum (try searching for "Zetec" and derivatives). You might try a similar strategy on the Yahoo group.
My conversion is to a TC
Joe Irwin
3927R TC Special
(The Classic Barn Find)

Offline BDA

« Reply #4 on: Friday,January 25, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »
Oops!

Online dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Sunday,January 27, 2019, 03:56:55 AM »
 walthallalbert