Author Topic: Gorgeous TCS listed on Bring a Trailer  (Read 2550 times)

Offline literarymadness

Re: Gorgeous TCS listed on Bring a Trailer
« Reply #15 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »
I just want to say that I think it is great how the Europa Faithful have finally shut up the naysayers on BAT who have trolled our cars for the past couple of years. I am sure a lot of the positive Europa comments on BAT come from forum members, but who have different usernames on BAT.  Certified:  I know you are Glen_S and really appreciate your comments.  jbcollier has also done a great job answering questions on BAT. I love how passionate the members of this forum are about their Europas.

Offline BDA

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
Just for reference, tvacc is Tony Vaccaro who is the current president of Lotus Ltd.

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #17 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 02:56:25 PM »
BDA:  Turns out the original colour of this car was L25 Monaco White.  Would you happen to know the difference between Cirrus and Monaco White?

Offline BDA

« Reply #18 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
I have no idea. I knew about paint codes but only that they existed and figured that they were particular to Lotus and therefore unreproduceable or they were obsolete or something so when the body shop asked me which white I wanted. I saw a beautiful white '95 Corvette so that's the color of my car. My first Europa was white but it was older than this one so it must have been Cirrus White.

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #19 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 07:03:01 PM »
The 1976 Esprits were Monaco White which seems to be a brighter white that Cirrus White.  Would love to see them side by side.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #20 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 09:11:35 PM »
Cirrus white is kind of off-white or cream color.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline literarymadness

« Reply #21 on: Thursday,December 26, 2019, 09:18:09 PM »
Yeah, that is what I was thinking; Cirrus is almost like a really light ivory and Monaco similar to a modern Alpine White.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #22 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 04:28:05 AM »
I just want to say that I think it is great how the Europa Faithful have finally shut up the naysayers on BAT who have trolled our cars for the past couple of years. I am sure a lot of the positive Europa comments on BAT come from forum members, but who have different usernames on BAT.  Certified:  I know you are Glen_S and really appreciate your comments.  jbcollier has also done a great job answering questions on BAT. I love how passionate the members of this forum are about their Europas.

Thanks Madness! I find that many people have misconceptions about Lotus cars in general. I go to about 4 or 5 major British car shows a year with a very mixed group of cars. Most of the MG, Triumph, Mini Cooper owners are very interested in talking about a Lotus but find they are well Beyound the price range of affordability for them.  Even though they own a British sports car, they believe the operating expenses and failure of parts is much more then their cars. On the other hand, they know and admit a Lotus will out perform their cars any day of the week.  When it comes to a Europa, the comments are simply amazing. Now, recognizing that I have only had my car on the road for 6 months and have only been to one car show with mixed British brands, I have to admit that most people have an unusual thought process about this car. They are drawn to it but typically say they would never own one.  It seems the Europa is the bastard child of lotus car history.  It’s really quite amusing.   Those of us that own one have the best experience of a lifetime. We actually know why these are such great cars. Truth be known, I enjoy driving my Europa much more than my Elan’s.

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #23 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 06:35:03 AM »
Copleymotors is also selling the Batmobile.  It’s only $135k.  I’d love to see a race between the two😊

Offline tedtaylor

• TaylorMadeClassicCars
« Reply #24 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 08:46:15 AM »
  It seems the Europa is the bastard child of lotus car history. 

Glen,
I beg to differ with you.    The Elan M100 is the bastard child of Lotus car history!
I have one and love it.  Most all M100 owners do too.   It is the most misunderstood and underappreciated model Lotus ever put out, mainly due to it's unique front wheel drive that just seemed to go against sports and race cars....although it has proven that THAT is not the case in the least.
TED
"Driving a Lotus is a triumph of bravery over intelligence." Stirling Moss

'13 Evora S
owned nearly 50 Lotus cars over the years!
TaylorMadeClassicCars on WWW and Facebook

Offline BDA

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »
The final bid was a record on BaT - $41,355!!! Well done! The previous record was for $35,973 (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-lotus-europa-special-3/). They are pretty similar but this car was a 5-speed where the previous record holder was a 4-speed. Certainly that's worth a bit but not the entire difference so maybe this could be a evidence that prices are starting to move up for a pristine fresh restoration.
« Last Edit: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 12:14:27 PM by BDA »

Offline Rosco5000

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 12:10:07 PM »
 That was quite the finish to the auction!  Over $40k seems like a good buy for the amount of work that was done.
1974 Europa Special
1969 Europa S2
1970 Lotus Elan +2
1978 Austin Mini - 1275, big brakes
1991 Ford Explorer - Lifted on 33s, custom lift and radius arms
2005 Chrysler 300C - chipped, lowered 22s
2011 Cadillac Escalade - Stage 3 cam, Headers, CAI, 2,600 stall converter

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 12:38:32 PM »
I thought it would go a bit higher, but above $40K is a good price. I’m probably selling my car too cheap........

Offline Pfreen

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »
It’s worth what you can get.  Btw, is it still for sale because I don’t see it advertised anywhere.

Offline Certified Lotus

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday,December 31, 2019, 03:09:51 PM »
My TC Europa is still for sale. Still posted on this site and Lotus Talk.  I took it off EBay until January when I will realist it as that is when bonuses are paid  :beerchug:  I got one offer (a little lower than what I wanted)  and two lookers. And I’m  currently talking to a person overseas who is locking down shipping costs. Like my Elan’s lots of talk and the first person to come up with cash gets it.  I’m patient and not in a rush.  All my cars sell for my asking price, I just wait until the right person comes along.