Author Topic: FS TC Engine on Ebay no affiliation  (Read 1082 times)

Offline cal44

"Be Polite, Be Professional, But have a plan to kill everyone you meet"
General "mad dog" James Mattis
United States Marines

Offline 3929R

Re: FS TC Engine on Ebay no affiliation
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,January 10, 2013, 07:22:15 PM »
I just clicked on the sellers other items
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=lotus&_ipg=200&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_ssn=slava81&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=europa&_sacat=0
and it appears he is not just selling a running engine but an entire car worth of parts.  Am I understanding this?  Did this SOB kill a very nice TCS to sell its parts?  Am I missing something?  Really?  If so what an *****!  Is this the meaning of vehicular homicide?   :WTF:
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline Jas

« Reply #2 on: Friday,January 11, 2013, 12:19:26 AM »
Yea what a shame to split up a, from the look of it, otherwise save able car.  :blowup:
He has split up everything even brake drums from the the brake shoes, the only thing that isn't split up is the letters “L O T U S”…

When you add up all his 166 listed items the price comes to $8,239 that might explain it, and that is with 3.5 days left of the actions. It will be interesting to do the same sum when all the actions are over.
What do you think that a project JPS Europa would sell for?
I sincerely hope that his split up of the car isn't worth the effort, but I afraid that it was. It has been happening for years with the Elan +2, but now there are so few left that I think that they are worth more as a complete car.

- edit, OK probably not a JPS Europa, but a black Twin Cam with pinstriping, but still a waste of a good car.

It even ran before he split it up, look at the atached video on the engine action: http://www.ebay.com/itm/73-Lotus-Europa-TC-Twin-Cam-engine-motor-with-stromberg-carburators-/390523320825?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aed00f9f9
« Last Edit: Friday,January 11, 2013, 12:33:12 AM by Jas »
Jannik
Denmark

You can do it fast
You can do it cheap
You can do it right
… pick any two!

Offline cal44

« Reply #3 on: Friday,January 11, 2013, 06:20:32 AM »
These are wrecking yard people and couldn't care less about cars as cars..........it is the money the parts bring.

As cars are my hobby world..........cash is theirs and they don't care.

Very much like a sociopath.........no feeling..................it just is............

Mike

United States Marines

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
« Reply #4 on: Friday,January 11, 2013, 06:38:26 AM »
Yeah, I agree. I'm not at all a fan of this practice. There are a few items there I would like to bid on, but I do not want to support the practice of cutting up complete and saveable special interest cars to part them out. Seems he won't ship to Canada anyway, so that removes the temptation. It's a shame, really...
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor

Offline 3929R

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,January 15, 2013, 07:45:13 AM »
When you add up all his 166 listed items the price comes to $8,239 that might explain it, and that is with 3.5 days left of the actions. It will be interesting to do the same sum when all the actions are over.

Anyone know what the total take was?

From the Yahoo group, "I count $14,000+, not including shipping profit. And the main body and front cover (plus other stuff) didn't sell." 
« Last Edit: Tuesday,January 15, 2013, 08:02:41 AM by 3929R »
Mark
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Offline cal44

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday,January 15, 2013, 04:00:05 PM »
I bought some items.  I may not like what the guy did.........no........I hate what the guy did.........it was wrong to do it.  But, since he did it I thought getting on bidding was important.

Mike
United States Marines