Author Topic: Trailer size to tow a Europa  (Read 1989 times)

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: Trailer size to tow a Europa
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday,September 23, 2020, 05:57:15 PM »
The question is how far is your tow. I believe Uhaul charges per mile for their trucks. Towing across town or a couple of a hundred miles, the mileage cost should be acceptable. Towing cross country could get expensive. I would do what Andy Harwood is thinking of doing. Buy a used 6'x12' single axle ATV or utility trailer, used it to tow your Europa and sell it after woods. 

Offline gideon

« Reply #31 on: Thursday,September 24, 2020, 06:51:31 AM »
Turbo - I don't see why you can't use your F150 to tow it.  Uhaul list their towing vehicle requirements here

https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/Auto-Transport-Rental/AT/

I think most F150s meet those requirements. When you try to reserve they'll ask you about the towing vehicle and the vehicle to be carried, and then tell you whether the combination is allowed. 

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #32 on: Thursday,September 24, 2020, 02:26:16 PM »
Thanks, I will talk to them!
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline TurboFource

« Reply #33 on: Sunday,October 25, 2020, 04:57:48 AM »
In person UHaul would rent me a pickup truck and auto transport trailer (online it would not for some reason it wanted to rent only a larger box truck), so I made a reservation.

Two days before I am to get the truck and trailer I get a text with a different pick up time, so I stopped by to see what was up. They said they rented out their two trucks for a month to the same guy and my truck was now at a different location. I asked how they could rent it out if I had a reservation.....no real answer.

The next day I get a call from the "new" truck location, trailer still at the original location, that the guy broke the back window out of the truck and it was not available but they might have a van that was usable and they would call me back.....no call back.

I get a new text telling me my truck is now at a third location. I go by to talk to him and confirm things. We talk about the Europa (he is a car guy thankfully) and he had a trailer there so we measured to make sure the Europa wasn't too narrow for the trailer, it wasn't:).

So I asked him  since he had a trailer there why I couldn't rent the trailer and truck from him, he said that would upset the other location ....I said they gave my reservation away so the heck with them!

I was very relieved when I went Friday evening and there was a trailer attached to a pick up waiting for me! The truck and trailer and towed well in the end.
« Last Edit: Sunday,October 25, 2020, 05:59:23 AM by TurboFource »
The more I do the more I find I need to do....

Offline Sandyman

« Reply #34 on: Sunday,October 25, 2020, 05:11:42 AM »
Great to hear all went well. I to have got the run around from Uhaul. I think they have a very lax inventory tracking system. I cant wait for pictures, lots of pictures.
Sandy