Author Topic: Dimensions of rear gear-linkage tube for 365 and 352 gearboxes  (Read 365 times)

Offline EdwardWinter

Dimensions of rear gear-linkage tube for 365 and 352 gearboxes
« on: Friday,July 03, 2020, 05:51:26 AM »
I know that early 352 gearboxes had 13 mm diameter selector shafts then 15 mm, that was continued in 365 'boxes.

But does anyone know the differences in dimensions and configuration of the tubes?

The reason I ask is that I have three tubes that I want to refurbish.  They will have new ujs (I have kept back three of my repair kits to do so) and new LH-threaded spigots.

Two of the tubes are definitely 365 but it might be nice to refurbish one to 352-spec.

Also, I have found yokes to make a new Universal Pivot Assembly, but that is already spoken for.

In a box tucked away in my garage, I found two more of the rare grease-nippled spherical joints that accompany the UPA.  Clearly, my stock control could be better.

In the next four weeks or so, I intend to advertise the tubes for sale.

Offline surfguitar58

Re: Dimensions of rear gear-linkage tube for 365 and 352 gearboxes
« Reply #1 on: Friday,July 03, 2020, 12:55:32 PM »
When you say "tubes" are you referring to the rear link? I believe that is the only part in the shift linkage that is different between the 352 and 365. Attached are pics of my recently acquired (thanks to this forum) 365 rear link for my planned 4-speed/5-speed upgrade. The u-joint has about 1/2 degree of backlash, which is enough to be annoying, but still functional, I think.
Tom
« Last Edit: Friday,July 03, 2020, 12:57:57 PM by surfguitar58 »
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline Dave5559

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,October 28, 2020, 12:04:01 PM »
Hello I am attempting to refurb my 352 gear linkage which has been seriously bodged over the years. I have had a new 15mm shaft turned but the cv joint is seriously stiff Questions how does this joint come apart and can I get a new joint if so what size is it and how do I get it seperated from the yoke
Dave

Offline Sandyman

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday,October 28, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
New u-joints available From SJ Sports Cars. U- joint removal on page 4 of the transmission section of the Twink manual. Manual can be found on this forum.
Sandy