Author Topic: Registration  (Read 501 times)

Offline lotusfanatic

Registration
« on: Thursday,October 03, 2019, 11:39:18 PM »
Hello all,

I’m after some advice...
I’ve only just got around to registering my car, having imported it from the US nearly 3 years ago.
Using the US title, the import papers and the provenance document supplied by Lotus Archives, I sent off all of the documentation with the registration application form just over two weeks ago.
The new V5 registration document arrived yesterday which is great but they’ve managed to get the ‘first year of registration’ as 01 01 1967 - a full year too early.
The registration is therefore an ‘E’ plate.
I’m not sure if I should return it to DVLA for them to issue an ‘F’ plate or just leave it?
S1 production was quite short and, had they been for sale in the UK, they would have been issued with ‘E’ and then ‘F’ plates.

Mark
« Last Edit: Thursday,October 03, 2019, 11:41:44 PM by lotusfanatic »

Offline JR73

• Banks Europa S2
Re: Registration
« Reply #1 on: Friday,October 04, 2019, 01:46:52 AM »
If it's incorrect then i would say to get it sorted with the DVLA as soon as possible because if you leave it and have a change of heart at a later date it will be immeasurably harder to get sorted with them!

When registering the Caterham (new) they actually managed to put somebody else's address on the V5 and issue it - getting it resolved (completely their fault) was a whole load of mither that you wouldn't believe!!!