Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

My Type 54 to sort of 47 Conversion

<< < (3/82) > >>

jbcollier:
NG3 transaxles have ridiculously low first gears with a huge gap between 1st and 2nd.  I prefer early 395s which have a tighter ratio set than a 365.

RoddyMac:
The frame build has begun:

Hopefully this weekend I'll have the front cross member built, and the rear portion of the chassis tacked into place.  Then it will be on to front wishbones and rear uprights.

Chuck Nukem:
I would love to do a build like this one day. What kind of rear suspension set up are you going to go with? What are your plans for the car when it is finished? It looks great!

RoddyMac:
The plan is to build the rear suspension similar to the what the Lotus 47 had.  So fabricated uprights using VW Rabbit bearings, hubs and cut down cv axles; reversed lower wishone; single upper link and twin trailing links. 

Plans for when its finished...  drive it, and drive it often.  I built a Seven a number of years ago, and drove the crap out of it.  I sold it when I was building the Eleven.  The Eleven I didn't drive much, so I'm hoping that the Europa will be as enjoyable and easy to drive as the Seven was. 

RoddyMac:
Here are some screen shots of the concept, minus the trailing arms & chassis, but with the rear bulkhead assembly.  The upper centre portion of the bulkhead will be a bolt in piece incorporating the gearbox mounts (still to be designed).   Also, the uprights aren't fully modeled, so wont look exactly like what's shown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version