Author Topic: Intermittent problem.  (Read 385 times)

Offline dakazman

Intermittent problem.
« on: Sunday,October 10, 2021, 05:55:38 AM »
  Finally found my intermittent problem on a gmc van which controlled cranking/ ac/ brake/ and airbag
And other signals . While twisting inside the left wall by the hood and brake release , looking left. It could be a little old age and working with glasses I missed this now obvious problem source.  Now to find the parts to repair. It would have been nice if they put a spare terminal or two 🤐
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

Re: Intermittent problem.
« Reply #1 on: Monday,October 11, 2021, 03:55:04 PM »
   Well it’s been a rough week and I hope thing come in threes.
1 van stopped cranking
2 motorcycle chokes stuck
3 el Camino stop starting.
 1 Found the reason for the intermittent in the van
2 after soaking in every imaginable solution decided to drill into and tap jet. Success 😅
3 el Camino , ☹️Still working on.
But the good part is I played with my grandkids.
Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Monday,October 11, 2021, 04:39:08 PM »
D'man, you apparently have too much to do and it's skewing your priorities!

Grandkids and wife should be highest, then Lotus, then everything else.  ;D

Offline dakazman

« Reply #3 on: Monday,October 11, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »
I agree. Family and friends#1.  2, wife and wife’s to-do list which says work on her van. . Then work on el Camino and get on road by November 25 . Lotus , waiting on wife to see up headliner. Fat chance of that getting done anytime soon. Motorcycle is just a fill in that just decided to fill the cylinders up with gas.
  Oh the best part ,one of my home ac units vlew the combination 30-40 amp service breaker.  Waiting for that to.
 Good thing I’m retired .
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,October 12, 2021, 04:12:57 PM »
  Just received one shipment for a Kirby vacuum repair I’m doing for my daughter. Just another thing for dad to do.
 I found an exact fuse block in a local salvage yard that allows you to remove the part you want.  I extracted two terminals that I’ll install in the original block and splice wire in. The easiest fit I can come up with all for 20$ . Standing in the yards selection of donors in knee deep water reminded me why I go to a yard in the dry season.. 😂 well.. at least I should have it running again tomorrow.
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday,October 13, 2021, 02:15:51 PM »
   Van is up and running 😀 . Front release tabs and the old terminal out . Splice in and covered with heat shrink.
   El Camino, spark plugs severely fouled with carbon. I’ll clean up and reinstall but need to adjust the new Qjet.  I did notice the secondaries not opening when I accelerated. Another adjustment to make and I’ll start adding hi test into the tank.  These plugs have been in for 5 years and run during the break in. The original carb flooded the engine with a carb that was piece mealed together with various parts.
  At least it was something simple.
Dakazman