Author Topic: Yahoo Mail  (Read 2634 times)

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
Yahoo Mail
« on: Saturday,August 15, 2015, 07:54:01 AM »
This forum is incredible.  Dozens of entries a day on every subject from people I admire as gods of Europa knowledge.  The only problem I have are the sheer number of emails I'm getting.  At first I tried sending them to a separate folder, but tracking the threads was still a nightmare.  I signed up for the digests, but now I'm receiving the digests PLUS the individual emails.

I know I'm doing something wrong.  Can anyone tell me how to set Yahoo up to keep sending the digests but not the individual emails? 
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline BDA

Re: Yahoo Mail
« Reply #1 on: Saturday,August 15, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
Obviously you're talking about the yahoo group rather than this forum - they are two different, independent, and complimentary things. There are great people on both many of whom are members of both.

It sounds like you have some duplicate ownership of the lotuseuropa yahoo group. I don't know how that happens but if you go to the group site (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lotuseuropa/info), click on "Manage My Groups" on the left side of the page. You might see two entries for lotuseuropa where one is set up for a daily digest and the other is set up for individual emails. Set them both to daily digest. If that's not the problem, I'm at a complete loss. You could set up a rule in your email client to automatically delete the individual emails since the digest should give you everything you need.

You should also know about the Knowledge Base. You can access it from this forum on the main page towards the bottom or you can access it directly at http://www.lotus-europa.com/ekb.html. That is a searchable interface to the posts on the lotuseuropa yahoo group. The rest of the lotus-europa.com site has a lot of great information (some of which is also available from the main page of this forum, too. The Knowledge Base reduces the need for saving emails and daily digests from the yahoo group. I still save some if there is a subject discussed that I have a particular interest in though, but it is somewhat redundant. One think to note is that the Knowledge Base will not have the very latest posts as it takes some time for the administrator of lotus-europa.com to load them up (however he does that!).

Let us know if that helps!
« Last Edit: Saturday,August 15, 2015, 01:04:31 PM by BDA »

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,August 15, 2015, 12:36:25 PM »
Ooops.  Thank you for the info.  So many Europa mails arriving I got confused.
Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,August 15, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
No problem! I hope you get it straightened out!