Author Topic: SOT: Any Lotus Seven Owners Here?  (Read 163 times)

Offline FourLoti

SOT: Any Lotus Seven Owners Here?
« on: Wednesday,August 23, 2023, 11:26:49 AM »
Hi: Sorry if this is out of bounds, but this is rather unique and I wanted to post here in case it's of interest. The Seven is one of the few classic Lotus cars I've not owned, but a good friend of mine bequeathed me this very cool diorama. I'm planning to put it on eBay with no reserve, but now that I'm bonded with this Europa crowd, I thought I'd let everyone here know about it first.

It's a beautiful piece of collectible Lotus Art, commissioned in London for my friend, who owned an identical 7 and raced it in vintage events on the West Coast.  I've enjoyed owning it but have decided it's time for it to go to a more devout 7 fan.

It seems that very few of these custom pieces change hands, but I found two that sold at major auction houses:

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/sa076-lot-16824-ferrari-250-gto-diorama-by-classic-car-art

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20148/lot/204/

Photos below (reference wine bottle not included :)) and I can send more if needed. To save me this hassle of eBay, I'd let it go for $275. PM me, or please pass this along to any connections who are 7 owners but not on this forum.

Ron

1974 Europa Twin Cam Special 5-Speed
1996 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe
2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
1987 Esprit Turbo (gone)
1980 Eclat (gone)
1963 Elan S1 (gone)
1970 Europa S2 (gone)

Offline BDA

Re: SOT: Any Lotus Seven Owners Here?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday,August 23, 2023, 11:41:26 AM »
Very cool! I love 7s! I wish I could get one but my money is already accounted for (for the most part) and I have no place to put one anyway.

Offline dakazman

Re: SOT: Any Lotus Seven Owners Here?
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday,August 23, 2023, 11:44:06 AM »
  FourLoti,
   WOW , Thanks for posting these pics here. They transported me to a simpler time.

Dakazman