Author Topic: Wiper blade refill  (Read 537 times)

Offline Bryan Boyle

• 1974 Europa JPS #142 3291R
    • Lotus Europa Collection
Re: Wiper blade refill
« Reply #15 on: Monday,June 26, 2023, 07:08:23 PM »
Found a USA source for refills. Classic Industries Part# 17528D for $16.99. They fit the stock arms, but the end lock spade grooves are a bit short. A small file rectified that. 

https://www.classicindustries.com/product/17528d.html

went digging at a local parts store and found 4 dusty Trico 33-162 frames/blades in a box in the back.  (Helps that the owner knows me down here in PA).  Don't need the frames, but the blades are pliable (and still have the protectors on them...the boxes were still sealed...and the blades have the right attachment (slide in).

What we go through to get all the bits and bobs for these things, right?  But, if you need it, you need it. 

Snapped all 4 up for $25 usd total.  Probably more than just the blades were originally, but, now I've 4 new frames I don't need, but enough replacement blades for as long as I own this buggy, I guess.  Dug further, and have a few of the speedline frames in my (fast dwindling) spares shelves from previous disassemblies, so, I think I'm probably good to go.  I should either ship the rest of the stuff up to MA...or, thinking of cashing out during the real estate boom in Fall River (in preparation for the MBTA starting commuter rail from Boston...prices of homes is up 50-75% in 4 years in the town...) and reconsolidate back in PA where my second home is...
« Last Edit: Monday,June 26, 2023, 07:14:17 PM by Bryan Boyle »
Bryan Boyle
Fall River MA
Morrisville PA
Commercial Pilot/CFII/FAA Safety Team
Amateur Extra Class Operator & FCC Volunteer Examiner
Currently working on 3291R, ex 444R, 693R, 65/2163, 004R, 65/2678
http://www.lotuseuropa.us for mirror of lotus-europa.com manual site.