Author Topic: Bonded wndscreen fitting  (Read 1085 times)

Offline Sparkrite

Re: Bonded wndscreen fitting
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday,July 28, 2021, 01:04:31 PM »
How do you know how much sealant to apply. You need enough to bond and seal yet not so much it gets pushed out  where its not needed.

Offline John R

« Reply #16 on: Thursday,August 12, 2021, 09:55:16 AM »
Thanks to all for the instructions and practical tips. After the local windscreen fitter let me down for a secnd time I decided to go ahead and fit it together with my friend. Attached are a few photos we took, I meant to take a few more but concentration was high and we forgot!

We pretty much followed the instructions given although few things we did which might be useful i.e.

1. We used gel superglue to attach and hold the trims in place
2. We test fitted the screen several times to be sure...to be sure
3. We used a strap to hold everything in place whilst the sealant cured.

Here's the photos

Thanks again

Offline BDA

« Reply #17 on: Thursday,August 12, 2021, 11:14:57 AM »
Because the roof is floppy, it’s a good idea to prop it up in the middle while the glue sets to ensure you get good adhesion.

Offline Chuck Nukem

« Reply #18 on: Friday,December 31, 2021, 05:43:02 PM »
it will clip but it will not hold the moldings have to follow a curve   i used urethane made for windshield i laid a bead in the channel where the glass fits and taped it and let it dry overnight next morning just took the whole assembly and dropped it in the hole
by doing this you are sure the molding is tight against the glass and wont move or come out during installation it will be easier to install

Could you share where you sourced your trim from? I am looking for black trim instead of the normal chrome.