Author Topic: Need sugestion for ignition  (Read 516 times)

Offline califkid_66

Need sugestion for ignition
« on: Sunday,August 12, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Was looking at my crossflow wanted to see if it was point or electronic and to my surprise I found just a rotor!  I also noticed there was a pulley with magnets   Now I’m trying to figure out  how to make it work I know the pulley was the trigger or my other option is to use my distributor from my 821  which I already have but dunno if it’s direct replacement and timing curve vacuum would work on crossflow any suggestions 

Offline jbcollier

Re: Need sugestion for ignition
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,August 12, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232813889845

https://www.classicautoelec.com/allumage-électronique-renault/787-allumage-électronique-programmable-renault-16-tx-renault-16-ts-renault-12-gordini-alpine-1600-et-alpine-1800.html

(suggest bluetooth version)

Offline califkid_66

« Reply #2 on: Sunday,August 12, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »
That’s a nice distributor a bit expensive someone told me I just need a cam sensor for my pully and a mega jolt box which you can program for your ignition curve would be less expensive but I would like to know if my other distributor fits cause it would leave some budget for changing venturies and jets

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #3 on: Sunday,August 12, 2018, 07:11:15 PM »
I see you are running Dells.  40s or 45s?

Offline califkid_66

« Reply #4 on: Monday,August 13, 2018, 08:35:50 AM »
I never tried that engine it has dells and came as is with my europa I have no idea what was done to it what I know is it’s an A7L  as twin dells 45 with 38 venturies the head was ported and polished I didn’t do a compression test but did a leak down I have an exhaust valve  leak in one cylinder and an intake vale leak in another one I have no idea what the cam is  I don’t know if it’s streetable but that was the plan