Author Topic: New Wilwood tandem master cylicnder  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Clifton

New Wilwood tandem master cylicnder
« on: Friday,June 02, 2017, 02:20:07 PM »

Offline Grumblebuns

Re: New Wilwood tandem master cylicnder
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,June 04, 2017, 08:58:04 AM »
The smallest diameter they offer is 7/8" (.875"), may fit the TCs with working boosters if you fabricate a flange adapter for the East/West flange orientation but is still too large for the S2s.
« Last Edit: Sunday,June 04, 2017, 09:01:06 AM by Grumblebuns »

Offline Daysineuropa

« Reply #2 on: Saturday,September 30, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
Did anyone try this?  I am trying to see why this wouldn't work.

I have found a NOS TCS master cylinder but no reservoir and mine is not sealing in original unit.

I figure this and rebuilt boosters beats replacing everything and kludging bypass pipes.
1973 TCS 3276R
1971 S2 1287R (sold)
Sunbeam and Hillman Imps and Stiletto.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #3 on: Saturday,September 30, 2017, 11:22:33 PM »
There will be a lot of work to fit that style of master cylinder if you're moving from a standard TCS tandem system. You'd either need an adaptor to accommodate the E/W bolt centres and you will most likely need new pipework or at least small adaptor pieces as well.  For the UK guys who already have a remote reservoir that's about it, but you guys would most likely need a reservoir mounting in the front of the car as well.

If the bolt centres are the same as OEM then you might get away by mounting it "sideways" (the m/cyl I'm currently trying is at a slight angle) but that will certainly need new pipework and care when bleeding.

Brian

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #4 on: Sunday,October 01, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Thinking further on this, I believe the Wilwood can be made to work on the TCS. Obviously, the E/W orientation is the largest stumbling block to mounting this MC to the stock position. An adapter flange similar to the one used here will maintain the E/W orientation of the Wilwood.

This is something I may look further into when I have more time but if you want to do the research yourself, contact me and I'll give the details on the adapter plate.

I've attached some pictures of the adapter plate I had made up for my S2 MC project and how the same plate will mount to the TCS MC spacer.