Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

TCS Shift Linkage Center Bushing - Polyurethane

<< < (5/5)

3929R:

--- Quote from: EuropaTC on Thursday,August 23, 2012, 11:03:03 PM ---Then came the cost element - they'd have to stock 2 types of nuts and Chapman was known for cutting out cost wherever he could.
--- End quote ---
  There only needs to be one nut for rotational adjustment. 

--- Quote from: EuropaTC on Thursday,August 23, 2012, 11:03:03 PM ---But my best guess is that once set at the factory with a roll pin, it was "fixed for good".  Chapman hated people tinkering with "his" cars, always saying that they messed them up and that was why the production cars had fixed dampers, spring platforms, suspension links with no adjustment, etc.  Setting up the shift (as we all know) is a hassle and maybe he just wanted to stop any of the owners/garage mechanics from taking it apart, failing to put it back correctly and giving them headaches with warranty claims ?
--- End quote ---
This makes Lotus sense.  If my pin had not worn, then it would have continued to shift as designed, then I would not have tinkered with it, then it would not have been out of adjustment, then I would have never wanted the nut for adjustment...  Good thing nothing else on this car is likely to wear and thus need adjustment.   :BEER3: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version