Author Topic: Fender Lines & Cable Identification  (Read 735 times)

Offline LeftAngle

• I don't say much, but when I do, I don't say much.
    • 0659R Photos
Fender Lines & Cable Identification
« on: Sunday,November 04, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
Just an update on what I've been doing:  I've been a lose cannon, working on the interior, motor and now, the body.  Last night, I laid out the rear fender lines to see what they'd look like.  I copied the line of the 62, but dropped the lower intake.  The fenders won't protrude out as far as the 62's, but they'd be as high.  I won't be relocating the fuel caps to the wings, so there'll be room underneath to raise and align the upper portion of the wing's intake.

That white block under the rear quarter is the upper portion of a form for an underspoiler.  It still needs to be smoothed and flared into the body.  Before I can do that, I'm going to have to decide what to do with that ugly, ripply strip that the interior floor is riveted to.  I was going to smooth it over, but now I'm leaning to continuing the body line down to cover it completely (creating yet another hollow section along the side of the rockers... Maybe I'll fill it with lead shot to help slow the car down :) )

Today, I'll be digging through the wiring... Something I've been avoiding.  I picked up labeling zip-ties and adding them to the wire bundles I've been pulling off the components I've removed. I'm using a labeler and 1/4" tape to make the labels... Very neat.

Yes, it's work...   No, I don't mind it.

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: Fender Lines & Cable Identification
« Reply #1 on: Sunday,November 04, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
I like the label idea, that would be great for behind the dashboard. When I replaced mine I used masking tape + biro to remind me of the wire positions, but of course that's neither as neat or  permanent as a proper label. Good idea, wish I'd known about that last year....
Brian