Author Topic: The end of Banks Engineering Parts Dept  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Gmg31

The end of Banks Engineering Parts Dept
« on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 10:47:58 AM »
Saw this on Facebook

Offline dakazman

Re: The end of Banks Engineering Parts Dept
« Reply #1 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 12:09:44 PM »
I have been waiting on a reply on parts ordered. ... at least you recieved a email.
dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »
Did you call or email Richard, dakazman? Richard doesn't do email. You should call him.

Offline SwiftDB4

« Reply #3 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »
From the new website it seems Richard is scaling back everything including closing the Southport workshop? Am a little baffled that the new website refers to Richard's old address as Stockport, not Southport?

Offline dakazman

« Reply #4 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 02:33:26 PM »
BdA
, All i received was a basket number, I'll give him a call on Monday .
Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 05:59:24 PM »
Dakazman, basket number? Let us know what you find out?

Does anyone know if Richard is shutting down everything or is he continuing some of his business for a while anyway?

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #6 on: Friday,March 02, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »
I was quite saddened when I read the topic heading because on first sight it looked like the end of probably the main source of good quality parts for our cars.  Having looked at the new supplier I think it might actually herald an improvement, at least for those of us who order over the internet.

Reading between the lines, we all know that Richard doesn't do email and the best way is to ring him up.  Even if you haven't used Richard (you should !) then you get a feeling that he keeps the website running because he has to, not because he wants to.  It obviously brings in more internet sales/enquires than he can handle, especially if he's a "talker" & not a "typer".

The new supplier appears to do internet sales as their main business and if you can believe what's written on their website, then they are still going to be using Richard to source parts and expertise. So effectively they are taking the day to day sales job which I suspect Richard doesn't like doing anyway.  I think he'd prefer to be making or designing things and not typing into a keyboard.   

Here's a link to their "About" page which seems to sum up what's happening.

http://lotuseuropaparts.co.uk/contents/en-uk/about.html

Brian

Offline Steve_Lindford

• The time is...
« Reply #7 on: Saturday,March 03, 2018, 02:51:17 AM »
Will they be knowledgeable for adding technical advice??

Stuleslie

« Reply #8 on: Saturday,March 03, 2018, 04:20:37 AM »
I spoke to Richard recently and he told me about the ‘Parts’ move. It is a pity that the two parties have not made clear what roles they will be playing in the future. Richard said that he will still be happy to give out advice as usual on the Banks number. He has just found keeping up with stock and packing&shipping is taking up too much of his time. Please don’t worry he should be around for sometime yet. I for one am truly grateful for all the service and advice he has given me in the past.
Stuart

Offline buzzer

« Reply #9 on: Sunday,March 04, 2018, 03:38:09 AM »
Interesting news, we shall see how things work out. I popped in to see Richard before Christmas and he was in good spirits and looking forward to working on his various projects. So I can imagine why he wanted to get rid of the parts side of the business so he can focus on things he wants to do.
Good luck to him and to the new guys. Hope it works out and that is a quality supply of parts and advice.
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline dakazman

« Reply #10 on: Sunday,March 04, 2018, 06:26:40 AM »
This was my first contact with banks and like I said they have not been in contact with me until today with a pin board message on a part not even researched. I don’t have any past with banks in the past , but glad I got a heads up on a part . Still waiting for a final basket price , with shipping, currency exchange rate, etc ...I guess
Dakazman