Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

Odyssey battery rack

<< < (3/4) > >>

BillS:
Where did you get the carbon honey comb.  I'm replacing the firewall as well and waslooking into composite material currently used as a firewall in boats.

LotusJoe:

--- Quote from: BillS on Monday,September 23, 2013, 03:22:52 PM ---Where did you get the carbon honey comb.  I'm replacing the firewall as well and waslooking into composite material currently used as a firewall in boats.

--- End quote ---
I don't know where Steve got his, but I did find some here.
http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=82

Not cheap though  :confused:

jbcollier:
A little rubber or foam padding will help to dampen out vibrations -- which can shorten battery life quite dramatically.

plaid:

--- Quote from: Steve on Tuesday,August 28, 2012, 06:50:19 AM ---A poster asked about where the battery will be mounted; Behind the passenger seat, which has been floored up with carbon fiber honeycomb panels. The beaverboard (which was deteriorated) canted bulkhead was removed, and a new one was constructed of the same carbon fiber material. Please excuse the untidiness of the area.

--- End quote ---

Carbon fiber is conductive (don't ask me how I know), make sure it can't short the terminals.

4129R:
Carbon conducts electricity, carbon brushes in electrical motors etc.

Therefore, according to Spock, it is logical that carbon fibre conducts electricity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version