Lotus Europa Forums > Resources, Parts and Products

S1 Choke/Heater Decals

(1/2) > >>

My S1:
I had a graphics shop make some reproduction heater/choke decals.  They turned out well.  Silk screened on foil.  I have four extra if anyone would like one.  The final cost came to a unit price of $24.91.  One note of caution is that you must be sure that the mounting surface of the debossed slot is perfectly smooth as the foil will telegraph any imperfections.

Bryan Boyle:

--- Quote from: My S1 on Friday,April 07, 2023, 11:04:21 AM ---I had a graphics shop make some reproduction heater/choke decals.  They turned out well.  Silk screened on foil.  I have four extra if anyone would like one.  The final cost came to a unit price of $24.91.  One note of caution is that you must be sure that the mounting surface of the debossed slot is perfectly smooth as the foil will telegraph any imperfections.

--- End quote ---

One suggestion is to find thin (16 or 20 thou) aluminum...put sticker on that, trim to edge carefully, then epoxy to the plastic.  The extra thickness of the aluminum will be indetectable...;)  Just a thought.

Very nice job!

My S1:
Excellent idea.  The slot pocket on the console is anything but flat with sloppy corners.  A concourse judge might get some heart burn but that's OK.

Bryan Boyle:

--- Quote from: My S1 on Thursday,April 13, 2023, 09:02:07 AM ---Excellent idea.  The slot pocket on the console is anything but flat with sloppy corners.  A concourse judge might get some heart burn but that's OK.

--- End quote ---

if they are that picky...or even know...doubtful.  Only, perhaps, the Lotus LTD or Club Lotus folks would be that aware of EVERY nuance of construction...;)

I got pinged once because I left the bottom of the body in raw fiberglass as it came from the factory.  The bow-tied, blue sport jacketed judge took off 4 points because it was 'unfinished'.  Then went on to judge a 68 Camaro.  So what did he REALLY know about a 71 Europa?  But, dinged me 4 points (still won the class with 92 points...;))

Trailermann:
Greetings, "My S-1", this is my first time with this forum and I cannot figure out how to reply directly to a member.  Yes, I would like to get one of the decals.  What should I do next?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version