Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

The Zetec 'Ropacane

<< < (3/123) > >>

LotusJoe:

--- Quote from: Roger on Tuesday,October 29, 2013, 11:12:37 AM ---What is that engine hanging from the crane? With and without transmission?

--- End quote ---
That is a Zetec engine

Roger:

--- Quote from: LotusJoe on Tuesday,October 29, 2013, 11:33:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: Roger on Tuesday,October 29, 2013, 11:12:37 AM ---What is that engine hanging from the crane? With and without transmission?

--- End quote ---
That is a Zetec engine

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought. But the car is supposed to have a Big Valve Twink according to the owner. Is he swapping Zetec for Zetec? It certainly looks like it.

Chuck Nukem:
I do have the original twin cam engine...but I do not have main caps, con rods, or pistons for it. Those were regrettably absent from the pile of parts when I purchased the car. It needs quite a bit of work and will be done at some point in the future.

That shot of the zetec with the tranny was just for fun when I picked up the new engine. For the money, I could not beat the zetec swap.

As for the frame separation situation, my friends bailed out last weekend!!! I will try again this sunday...

How is everyone out there doing??

Chuck Nukem:
Roger you are a local!! (Edit...I thought your Location said "Richardson"...Texas is a big place) How funny! We will have to get together sometime so I can see what a working Europa looks like! ;)

On the plus side, I do have to go to Houston at some point to tend to some bureaucratic rituals which can not be performed with out me present. Maybe then I can see a working one in the flesh...(If yours is working that is! :) )

Roger:
Chuck, it's working OK, and you'd be welcome.
I thought the pic was the engine coming out of the car, hence my query!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version