Lotus Europa Forums > Members Cars

#460002 - Restoration

<< < (27/65) > >>

jbcollier:
For steering boxes I use semi-fluid grease (aka: steering box lube).  It's a bit more on the liquid side and flows around inside better as the rack goes from side to side.  Don't have any?  Dilute the chassis grease with gear oil to make it more fluid.  Rebuilt already with chassis grease?  Add gear oil through the lube hole covered by the non-pinion side mount.

Serge:
Thanks for the tip, John. I'll dilute the grease with some gear oil.

I'm trying to get this back-log of videos on the internet. Short video this week,
replacing the heater tubes with aluminium. I haven't put a bead on the ends just yet, Might still weld a small bead around them to help keep the hose on.

Serge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTrGy3ZBydU

jbcollier:
A couple of rivets at each end works just like a bead and is easily done in situ.

Serge:
I know of the rivet trick, but am a bit worried that he inner part of the rivet would impede flow of the already small inner diameter tubing. Considering what I hear about the lack of heater power, I am not sure if I want to hinder it any more. Not sure if it would actually need a bead, but would hate to figure it out the hard way...

Serge

jbcollier:
Use shallow rivets and then crush them further with pliers.  Mine gives pretty good heat given that I don't run it in below freezing weather.  I use a 160° thermostat as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version