Author Topic: S2_body_removal  (Read 366 times)

Offline taylorjs

S2_body_removal
« on: Friday,May 29, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »
Hi everyone,
I know there is a very similar (and old) thread on this topic. I read it. I have the engine out (1970 S2 Type 65), seats out, and all of the body-to-frame bolts removed, including the screw for the fuse box. I also removed the short heater core hoses and the front radiator hoses.. Instructions (old thread) include pedal box removal, radiator removal and steering rack removal. Is all of that necessary? I don't think any are bolted to frame. It looks like I might be able to slide body forward to clear the brake master cylinder. Does anyone know if that's possible? I have loosened the bolts connecting the two parts of the steer wheel shaft. Can the lower (thinner) section that goes through the body be removed once the upper section is out?  Hoping to make the separation this weekend.  All of this is to get to a section of the frame that requires a repair. Cheers, JohnT (Victoria, BC)....... thinking about it as I write, I realize the hand-brake is still connected  :huh:

Offline dakazman

Re: S2_body_removal
« Reply #1 on: Friday,May 29, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »
   The steering column should be removed at the steering rack unbolting under dash to remove the entire thing. I also had to remove the Brake master Cylinder and lines.
 Remove Heater box water lines.
Choke  gas pedal and clutch cable
Seat belt anchor bolts
6 bolts to frame from interior near the y section
Grounds under dash
Ebrake ( you mentioned)
  Dakazman

Offline taylorjs

Re: S2_body_removal
« Reply #2 on: Saturday,May 30, 2020, 09:59:03 AM »
Thanks a lot for that.  I am looking forward to the 'big reveal'.
JT