Author Topic: Handbrake warning light  (Read 383 times)

Offline Exlimey

Handbrake warning light
« on: Thursday,August 05, 2021, 03:12:02 PM »
Getting bored waiting for the return of my alternator so needed a project. As the handbrake is so inefficient I find it’s easy to forget it,so I am adding a warning light. Got a ‘pull on ‘ switch and pop riveted a bracket on to the handbrake mounting. Drilled a hole and put a split pin through the rod ,then sourced a suitable spring at the hardware store. Just have to wire it up.

Offline Pfreen

Re: Handbrake warning light
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,August 05, 2021, 05:09:42 PM »
I don't know what Europa you have but my Special had the microswitch installed in the handbrake and wired to the brake light.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,August 05, 2021, 06:00:28 PM »

Excellent idea ! It is on my list of items to be added to a fed S2.   

The wiring identification colors can be copied and added to you specific schematic. See the Fed TCS print. It may help some identify the addition.
Dakazman

Offline Exlimey

« Reply #3 on: Friday,August 06, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
Yes kaz,I would use your good work on the wiring,but my hard working PO (Roger) created a new wiring loom,with paper and electronic copies. I now have 13 Hella relays and 18 fuses in the system. Should be good.

Offline surfguitar58

« Reply #4 on: Friday,August 06, 2021, 07:23:45 AM »
My handbrake switch is missing. I gave it a low priority because, who needs another idiot light? Twice now I got half way around the block with the brake on, so I guess I answered my own question.  :headbanger:
Tom
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Offline dakazman

« Reply #5 on: Friday,August 06, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
   Lol  :FUNNY:  Tom,
I’m just going to use the brake fail light as the handbrake set light off a switch. 

Exlimey , I’d like to see that schematic.  Thanks for the acknowledgment. The stock S2 print redesign
I nearly finished with all the proper line work. I’ll be posting it maybe later. I’d like to go over it one last time to get most of the mistakes caught before letting you guys comment on it .
  Dakazman

Offline Exlimey

« Reply #6 on: Friday,August 06, 2021, 01:20:17 PM »
Here you go,hope it’s ok with Roger. Contents of the fuse/ relay panel is on the second sheet,diagram includes Rogers 4 relay DB10 replacement.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #7 on: Saturday,August 07, 2021, 05:45:20 AM »
  A lot of time went into that drawing. Layout and line work is excellent. After days of studying the S2 fed , then comparing it to a TCS threw me off a bit with the connectors.
  I am still looking into the busman relay panel but purchased a fuse and relay boxes for my own needs.
Dakazman