Author Topic: S2 Federal wiring harness - Changes  (Read 1049 times)

Offline BDA

Re: S2 Federal wiring harness - Changes
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday,June 30, 2021, 04:47:33 PM »
Well, it's about the size of the light switch. Compared with modern switches, I guess it is big.

LEDs will make gauges readable at night. The standard gauge lights are useless. Are you going BMW on us and use red gauge lights?

Offline dakazman

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday,June 30, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »
Hmmm 🤔
  I’ll check it out , I almost mounted my facia board on the wiring board but I thought it better to run some wires first. I may just use solid colors and document them .
  The spreadsheet coming out nicely.

Dakazman
« Last Edit: Thursday,July 01, 2021, 04:51:15 AM by dakazman »

Offline dakazman

« Reply #17 on: Friday,July 02, 2021, 05:29:26 AM »
   Time to start transferring switches into the facia panel . Testing the way I’ll go about that not to tangle things up and rerouting wires around A/C ducting holes to be cutout.  I’ll be then use lacing cord to tie up the harness wires behind facia.  This harness will remain original. The additions will run alongside it,
    I’ll also be testing the original washer pump which seemed to hold some pressure with my finger over it. Why ruin a perfectly good switch assembly, so I’ll work around that , the bag looks bad but I’ll try to clean and save it.
  I checked my steering column wires long ago and getting ready to install it in car but found a few wires touching the inner shaft so I’ll get in there and relocate them. Then look into the horn ground wire routing ,that is on print , but not my column. Thinking it’s is the shaft itself which would make sense.

Dakazman

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #18 on: Friday,July 02, 2021, 06:15:49 AM »
Yes, ground path is the shaft itself.  Original steering u-joint needs a jumper wire as it is basically a rubber coupler.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #19 on: Friday,July 02, 2021, 06:19:40 AM »
   Aughh 🤔, So that why the safety wire on the coupler. Thanks again.
Dave

Offline dakazman

« Reply #20 on: Sunday,July 11, 2021, 05:00:21 PM »
   While waiting for parts I thought I’d run thru a few breakout schematics to be added to the spreadsheet and They will be hotlinked . All 8 lotus schematics will be included.
 I am comparing all schematics and noting them as the same . These are just the basic ones but they do take some on the clutter away.
Let me know if what you think.
Dakazman