Author Topic: Tawny brown  (Read 1627 times)

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
Re: Tawny brown
« Reply #15 on: Saturday,March 11, 2017, 12:33:10 AM »
The locks basically move a rod, that opens the door.

If you slide a 1 or 2 mm flat rod with a hook down the outside of the window glass, you can move the rods and open the doors.

e other way of doing it is to take the front or rear screen out and move the inside black plastic locks with a broom handle.

Failing that, you need to drill both sides of the lock in the door through all the little tumblers with a 1/8" or 3mm drill, and then you can rotate the lock normally with a screw driver.

Or you could get the key code from Andy at Lotus records,  if all the problem is no keys.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #16 on: Saturday,March 11, 2017, 05:42:51 AM »
First, wait until it warms up and then re-evalutae the situation.  I would assume at least some of the doors should work in the warmer weather.  The others are right.  Europa doors are not particularly secure and you should be able to unlock them easily with a "slim jim".  Examine the parts manual carefully to get an idea of how the locks work and where to direct your attention.

Offline Fourporche

• 1972 TC
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday,March 15, 2017, 08:47:54 AM »
 :BBQ:
I should also mention, the cars have 4 flat tires , and are sitting on grass/ and some gravel for years
how on earth to get them on a flat bed to the mechanic.
I had my TC flat beded they bent the steering rack pulling on it up the ramp