Author Topic: Body shell  (Read 1190 times)

Offline johnmi

Body shell
« on: Wednesday,February 01, 2017, 12:40:51 AM »
I have the shell back from painting and in the next couple of weeks i am going to put it back onto the chassis, i've run the engine, just need to check i can get all the gears but will the body go back on with all the engine in place or do i have to remove anything like manifolds water pipes. the engine is a 843 Renault X flow with a down draught weber and 4 into 1 exhaust

Thanks for any replies
John

Offline Gmg31

Re: Body shell
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,February 02, 2017, 02:47:04 PM »
I managed mine but it was very tight over the inlet manifold.  Make sure you tape the securing nut to the end of the speedo cable.  Mine got lost down inside the chassis and I've never been able get it back. .  Also make sure your hand brake cable is secured it is also almost impossible to get it back if it drops down inside the chassis.

Offline StrawberryCheesecake

« Reply #2 on: Thursday,February 02, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
Can you not get into the standard chassis from underneath then? The Spyder one is fairly open at the bottom.

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #3 on: Thursday,February 02, 2017, 02:54:33 PM »
No mine is sealed all the way round and the speedo cable comes through a small hole on the top

Offline johnmi

« Reply #4 on: Saturday,February 04, 2017, 12:36:30 AM »
So the speedo cable has to go in before the body shell goes on? i,be done all the handbrake cables and brake pipes. Just as a side note has anyone ever set up a temporary cable for the clutch, just want to make sur I can get all the gears before I drop the shell on.

Offline Gmg31

« Reply #5 on: Saturday,February 04, 2017, 11:05:42 AM »
My clutch cable is inside the body shell. It runs along the side of the tunnel. Which I think is the norm.