Author Topic: TCS heater and choke cable bracket  (Read 898 times)

Offline buzzer

TCS heater and choke cable bracket
« on: Friday,June 24, 2016, 02:04:57 AM »
I have to make up a heater and choke cable bracket. It looks fairly simple, with 2 bolts to bolt through the centre consol. However I have 2 holes in the chassis top that I would expect to line up with the centre console holes and the bracket to bolt through both. The centre console holes do not line up with the chassis holes. Does this mean there is an intermediate bracket that bolts to the chassis and the console and heater cable bracket bolts to this? Only one bracket is shown in the parts book I can find.
So I'm a bit puzzled, what am I missing. Any ideas.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
Re: TCS heater and choke cable bracket
« Reply #1 on: Friday,June 24, 2016, 02:45:11 AM »
Mine's just a single bracket above the centre console with long bolts and two spacers to prevent crushing of the plastic console. Some random thoughts...

How much are the holes out of alignment ?

I presume you've got the dash in place and that's what is causing the misalignment. Is it a new centre console  ?  As long as there's enough space to let the cables go smoothly through the big hole in the chassis I'm not sure it's a mission-critical thing, more of a "if it looks right, it is right".

My immediate reaction was that if the holes don't line up, drill new ones   :)

Brian

Offline buzzer

« Reply #2 on: Friday,June 24, 2016, 03:53:50 AM »
Brian, cheers, that was what I though. Well I'll drill new holes I think. It is the original consol and chassis so maybe as you say the dash may fitting in a different position. So I will check that first before re-drilling.
Just fitting an electric fuel pump this morning, can't get hold of the fittings for the mechanical one so going electric.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline 4129R

• Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom, not far from Hethel the home of Lotus.
« Reply #3 on: Friday,June 24, 2016, 07:16:25 AM »
I have just bought the Sykes Pickard flaring tool for the 6mm pipes, and loads of pipe and fittings to make new fuel pipes. The new tanks from Banks have screw fittings.

The pipe fittings are easy to get on ebay.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #4 on: Friday,June 24, 2016, 03:34:19 PM »
The pipes are 8mm on the pump I have. I have not managed to find a connector anywhere. The pump probably needs an overhaul so I took the easy route out and put on an electric pump.
Dave,

Offline grnicholson

« Reply #5 on: Monday,July 18, 2016, 12:45:12 AM »
Hello Dave
I am feeling a bit guilty re the small token gift in exchange for the steering parts which I am going to fit after I have rebuilt my blown engine (I celebrated passing the Spanish MOT by doing a high speed blast down the road home - the car had not been properly run for 35 years....DOH!)

The postage Spain/UK for that small package was horrendously expensive but my daughter is here next week and will be taking 2 bottles of something nice back with her for your consumption.  Unfortunately you will have to pick them up from her house in Cheltenham.   If you ring her, Nadya, after 3rd August she will give directions.  0790 7800850  or  01242 770016.

Thanks & kind regards

Richard

Offline StrawberryCheesecake

« Reply #6 on: Monday,July 18, 2016, 01:52:41 AM »
I think I've got a choke cable bracket, Dave. Do you want to borrow it or need any measurements?