Author Topic: Axels for Banks twin link setup  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Runningwild

Axels for Banks twin link setup
« on: Monday,June 13, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
I called Richard at Banks about the axel setup for his twin link rear suspension.  They use to do a CV set up but said the cheapest/easiest way was to just eliminate the split pin holding the u-joint housing to the splined shaft from the trans.  Does anyone know of a CV axel set up for the 336 trans.  The car is a 1968 early S2. Renault power but I'm going Toyota power.  Any thoughts?????????    Tom

Offline BDA

Re: Axels for Banks twin link setup
« Reply #1 on: Monday,June 13, 2016, 05:47:25 PM »
If you are intent on using CV joints (that that that is a bad idea), I would check back with Richard to see which ones he uses. I suspect they are for Renaults but that spline may be more common than that. I'm sure he would know.

When I did mine, I had to get the axles sized for my car and the local drive shaft place didn't work on metric shafts so I had to send the measurement to Richard and he made them up for me! I suppose I could have found someone on this side of the pond - I don't remember why I didn't - but he did do job (or get a good job done)! Anyway, the length is something you'll probably have to deal with.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #2 on: Monday,June 13, 2016, 07:52:42 PM »
I'm running my twin link with the just the pin removed.  Works fine.

Any CV set-up will require custom stub axles.  You could use the inner tripod joints from a Renault.  They would have the right spline for starters.  It all can be done but it will all have to be custom built.

Offline Runningwild

« Reply #3 on: Monday,June 13, 2016, 08:09:39 PM »
Thanks. That is enough for me. I'll do the same. Just wanted to check to see if anyone else had tried this set up.