Author Topic: Body to chassis mounting material  (Read 1479 times)

Offline buzzer

Body to chassis mounting material
« on: Friday,January 31, 2014, 03:55:45 AM »
Guys,

I hope fully will be trial fitting the body back on the chassis soon...at last!  Been busy stripping the body and tissuing it up still!  Ahhh a never ending job..
But would anyone recommend to use as the material to fit between the chassis backbone and the body transmission tunnel. Also views on where to source in the uk.

Thanks

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline jbcollier

Re: Body to chassis mounting material
« Reply #1 on: Friday,January 31, 2014, 05:31:14 AM »
Give Banks Engineering a call.

Offline digby

« Reply #2 on: Friday,February 07, 2014, 05:04:08 AM »
Hi Dave,
Sounds like its going well, just came across this Ref. 26B0169  $24.00 on http://www.rdent.com/ looks like standard stuff that you could source in the UK.

Cheers
Richard

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Friday,February 07, 2014, 06:33:18 AM »
I found a supplier for closed cell neoprene foam when I built my car. I would recommend that. It doesn't hold moisture and can be easily cut and glued to the frame. I had them cut it to 3/8" thick.

Unfortunately, it was a long time ago so I don't remember how I found this but it was WAY before the Intertubes so you should be able to find it somewhere. The place I got it from was a distributor. The guy told me how it comes to them in a "loaf" and they could cut it to any thickness I needed.

Offline buzzer

« Reply #4 on: Friday,February 07, 2014, 08:34:16 AM »
Cheers guys, I like the idea of closed cell neoprene, I will investigate, I will also ask Richard at Banks as I need to ring him about supplying a roll cage. I'll feed Back where I am up and and will post some pics next week.

Dave
Dave,

Other cars. Westfield SEiW. BMW E90 Alpina D3. BMW 325 E30 convertible and Range Rover CSK

Offline andy harwood

« Reply #5 on: Friday,February 07, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
I purchased some closed cell foam for sound proofing from this company. they offer a variety and probably have what you want. alas, on the wrong side for you though. but it's foam, and light!
http://www.usafoam.com/