Author Topic: Collected Europa Parts for Sale  (Read 8468 times)

Offline BDA

Re: Collected Europa Parts for Sale
« Reply #30 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 12:15:36 PM »
Hi Footer,

I thought I had an interior mirror or two around and was going to reply when I found them but so far, I've come up empty. I don't know how I came to have the mirror with the aluminum stalk. I would choose the more normal arrangement where you glue a small metal pad on the windshield and attach the stalk to that. I poked around and didn't find anything at Moss Motors. Europa Engineering parts and S.J. Sports cars both have mirrors. I believe they are stick on and probably close to the original size. I also found a more modern day/night 8" mirror at Amazon that is actually close to the size of my stock mirror (https://smile.amazon.com/Pilot-Automotive-MI-009-Night-Mirror/dp/B00AWY9FLO/ref=sr_1_20?crid=3DENYPTYGTXIN&keywords=windshield+mirror&qid=1577477484&sprefix=windsheild+mirror%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-20). At the moment, I have a clip on convex mirror cover on my stock mirror that is almost 10" wide. It does block out a bit of your forward vision but not too much.

I've attached a picture of my stock mirror, the back (windshield side) of it, and the mirror with the clip-on convex tinted mirror.

If I do find any interior mirrors, I'll post that here.

Offline Footer

« Reply #31 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 01:12:07 PM »
Thanks BDA,

Lots of good information and the pictures help a lot.  I have the small piece that's glued to the windshield but no mirror yet.  The PO is still(5 months latter) going through his stuff to locate the one that's missing as well as some minor odds and ends.  I'm hopeful those things will show up.
Your convex add on looks interesting.

Bob

Offline BDA

« Reply #32 on: Friday,December 27, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
If he can't find the mirror, I think you can use acetone to take off the nobbin that is on your windshield.

I bought the convex clip-on from Amazon. There are several there to choose from.

Good luck!

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #33 on: Saturday,December 28, 2019, 07:14:53 AM »
Be careful with mirrors that attach solidly (glue) to the windshield.  It is very easy to hit the mirror unintentionally.  If the mirror is mounted solidly this can lead to cracking the windshield.

Europa Engineering offers a mirror with an “dim” setting that attaches with double-sided tape.  It’s a very good choice as, when you are that low, everyone’s headlights shine in like high beams.  If you do bump the mirror, the worst you’ll do is knock it off.

Offline jbcollier

« Reply #34 on: Saturday,December 28, 2019, 07:16:07 AM »
PS: the original mirror, at least in the early cars, did not have a dim/night setting.

Offline BDA

« Reply #35 on: Saturday,December 28, 2019, 08:05:47 AM »
The mirrors on the TCSs (I don't know about the last iteration with the biscuit interior and boot struts but I suspect they were the same) were very light weight and rudimentary with no day/night function. It sounds like the Europa Engineering mirror is probably the one to get.

Offline Footer

« Reply #36 on: Sunday,January 19, 2020, 07:01:30 AM »
The Dim/Night option sounds very good to me.  Thanks!
I got side tracked or would have responded sooner, sorry.