Author Topic: Looking for knob switch from 73TCS Europa  (Read 178 times)

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
Looking for knob switch from 73TCS Europa
« on: Monday,November 20, 2023, 01:20:07 PM »
If anyone has a light switch knob for a 73 TCS, I would love to get my hands on it for a reasonable price. Mine is very fragile at this point and I am using one from an old Triumph which looks similar

Offline BDA

Re: Looking for knob switch from 73TCS Europa
« Reply #1 on: Monday,November 20, 2023, 02:46:49 PM »
I believe r.d. enterprises sells new reproductions of the head light knob.

Offline Bud

• 416-949-2778
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday,November 21, 2023, 07:14:30 AM »
Yes they do but at $80US funds plus shipping I thought that was a bit much. My TR3 knob was $3 brand new last spring and works beautifully

Offline BDA

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday,November 21, 2023, 07:46:37 AM »
I know it’s not cheap but understand that they are reproductions that they commissioned not new old stock or “lightly used” items. They have to recoup the cost of producing a reasonable run. Also consider that it is really 3 pieces - the black knob, the foil picture, and the clear cover for the picture. I talked with Ray about these and they are not 3D printed because the finish wouldn’t have been good enough. I know all that makes no difference from the point of view of your wallet but I think people should appreciate the expense and risk reproducing small parts for a car with an very limited production are for small companies like r.d.

Offline Sparkrite

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday,November 21, 2023, 09:02:27 AM »
I bought mine used from an autojumble and only cost £2.00 but the light does not point directly to the right (3.00 o'clock).

Offline Grumblebuns

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday,November 21, 2023, 09:10:13 AM »
I know it’s not cheap but understand that they are reproductions that they commissioned not new old stock or “lightly used” items. They have to recoup the cost of producing a reasonable run. Also consider that it is really 3 pieces - the black knob, the foil picture, and the clear cover for the picture. I talked with Ray about these and they are not 3D printed because the finish wouldn’t have been good enough. I know all that makes no difference from the point of view of your wallet but I think people should appreciate the expense and risk reproducing small parts for a car with an very limited production are for small companies like r.d.

BDA, how right you are. Anyone who has tried to get a piece made by a crafts person knows just how expensive the process can be. The material cost of the knob is probably a couple of bucks but for something that is NLA such as the knob in question the costs goes into manhours for design, setup, making the tooling or molds and finally operation. Every operation costs money. Kudos to RD Ent for making these knobs available again.