Lotus Europa Forums > Technical Articles and DIY tools and tips

RICHARD MANN'S CROSS FLOW RENAULT ENGINES

<< < (6/6)

lotusfanatic:
Hello Richard,

I think I ought to read all of this post from the very start!

Mark

Richard48Y:
Good stuff, but I hate when a thread just stops abruptly!  :holdurbreath:
Hoping this might pick back up?

BDA:
Richard’s (Lotus 47) last post was in January 2020 so he might not see yours. Richard helped a friend implement his twin link rear suspension and seemed very responsive to him. You’ll probably be get a reply if you PM or email him.

I hope I didn’t get too tangled up in “Richards” and pronouns.

Loosejam:

Dear Down Under,
I would like to purchase a Europa for racing or at least for track day events. I've read your articles on the Renault engines and that simply boggles my aging mind. Perhaps some Prevagen jelly fish extract would make it easier for me to fathom, but I highly doubt it. So here is my question: If I wanted to use another engine and get similar HP to a racing Renault or TC, say 150-160, would the S-2000 sport racer Ford engines be a good choice. They are readily available, reliable and under stressed engines. Granted some fussy vintage groups would frown on the set up, most clubs here would welcome the entry fee and track-day stewards could care less.

I have attached a few photos of my summer fun in the upper hemisphere. The rod is a 1917 Dodge with a 283-CI Small block Chevy; the Hitchhiker and Trogg starter girl are for your viewing pleasure.

Take care,
Steve   

BDA:
For whatever reason, 2 liter pinto motors are not common engine swaps. Maybe because they aren’t as common as other engines. The Zetec swap is much more common. Lots of people have done them so things like motor mounts and headers have already been worked out. You can choose carburetors or injection so you have flexibility and parts are readily available, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version